Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to a meeting today, on the 1081? St Albans Road from the M25 to Barnett (J23) there is a billboard with the R8 on it!

Nive picture of it from the rear, with the logo looks good doesn't it? to hear it tex 'something' to a number i didn't get.

Pretty surprised to see it, is this the first billboard spot?

·
Registered
29 Posts
not the only one.... seen 5 or 6 billboards now all in south london... 2 in wimbledon, tooting , streatham.. lewisham.... some front-end, some rear-end shots.. cant i quite get my head round who Audi are targetting:confused: :confused: .. particularly in the lewisham & streatham area.. for a car fully spec'd costing £100k does it really need this aggressive marketing... dont remember the AMV8 publicised/advertised in this manner... its not a the 'run-of-the-mill' cars that needs this cheap publicity... i want to feel special & exclusive when i own one of these.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Its for the 'Halo Effect', they are not advertising it as such, more just underlining the fact that Audi have entered the 2 seater sports car market with a bang.

All the cars are sold out anyway, plus its great for us as when we go past the boards we can say 'Im getting one of those' lol:D

·
Registered
840 Posts
All the cars are sold out anyway
... which makes you wonder why they are advertising something that you can't buy unless you're on the waiting list ... halo effect or not, it does seem odd ... I wonder if they'll be screening adverts on TV for it in the UK ... :confused: ... which would be even more odd!

its great for us as when we go past the boards we can say 'Im getting one of those' lol:D
:p :p :p ... that's a good point ... though I'm not sure when I'll be driving though, or near enough to, London utter that line ... :( :( :(

·
Registered
617 Posts
May be it is to let people know what they are missing :D :D :D :D

As they say all publicity is good publicity :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
May be it is to let people know what they are missing :D :D :D :D

As they say all publicity is good publicity :) :) :) :)
Ah ... indeed ... more billboards and TV adverts then in that case ... as long as the cost of my R8 doesn't go up because of them ... lol

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ah ... indeed ... more billboards and TV adverts then in that case ... as long as the cost of my R8 doesn't go up because of them ... lol
If you look at Audi latest set of account released last week, they making money hand over fist. They can afford this lavish advertising but the consumer still pays:mad: :mad: :mad:

It will be very interesting to see when they impose thair next price increases aand how this effect people with much later deliveries who have parted with their large deposits now.

One saving grace is that the €uro is much weaker to the £ now than a year ago, just think of all the additional profit that Audi are making.

Audi accounts for last year , veru interesting reading:-

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_2948.shtml

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, lets face it - the profit of a car like the R8 would never justify the adspend, especially when you take into account of its R&D. It's simply: "Ad the best and sell the rest."

Remember the Honda/Acura NSX - the world was told in the beginning that only 150 would be made and at the price Honda was actually losing money?! And yet there was a heavy, mass TV campaign solely on the NSX, at least in N America back then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts