Audi R8 Forums banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Thanks for the pic, yep the coolant tank previously cracked and was replaced. The coolant residue dripped onto the generator and most parts of the engine bay. The coolant scent had a sweet scent.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #165 (Edited)
Replaced Front & Rear pads

Endless MX72 Plus

Tested the pads on the track

Had a bit of a scare with a gearbox malfunction but luckily it just needed some hydraulic fluid top-up.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
I thought it was odd that nothing broke for a few months but looks like I was wrong, very wrong. 😞

The transmission error came back, it turns out the hydraulic fluid was low again after we topped it but after driving 30 km, it triggered an error. After some investigation, the mechanic found it was over-pressurised and pumping the fluid through the breather and leaking out instead of pumping back into the reservoir.

The mechanic said it needed a new hydraulic pump, which was quoted at 10,000 AUD( $7000USD) with backorder of 6 months from the dealership...:eek: so all up I would be looking at 12-13K to fix the issue.

Found a used one from a local Lamborghini Gallardo so will try my luck with this part which will arrive in a week.

Part number: 086398162A

Just picked up a new set of rear rotors after the track day.

Finally, ordered a new set of headlights :D

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Lucky find with the transmission pump. Hope it works out ok for you.
Are the headlights from a facelift?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Lucky find with the transmission pump. Hope it works out ok for you.
Are the headlights from a facelift?
Fingers crossed hope that's all 😖

Yep, facelift headlights, found a set for 1/20th of the price shipped. Will need some rewiring and an auto electrician but worth a try for the price of $500AUD (£270) too tempting to not try.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts