1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anybody have any comments about this company.. Anyone who knows them.. They look well organized in Germany and now expanding worldwide but any references or feedback would be good.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[email protected], sorry I can't give any new info as to the company. But I do think that MTM, Novidem and SKN-Tuning are all using the same basic supercharger and same design layout, and producing the same HP numbers. SO the basic supercharger setup is getting a lot of testing from these three companies and should be a winning and reliable design.

·
Registered
313 Posts
SKN has not the best reputation in the european tuning scene.

52HP with exhaust including the cat's and a chip upgrade, well dream on, you can't add up HP's like 16 HP for the chip and 36 for the exhaust.

Doesn't work like this because if you would now add a K&N Filter which should add another 5 HP then you would end up with 57HP + plus you change the air intake from square to oval or round tubes add's another 4 - 6 HP..........

NO NO NO just doesn't works like this............

and by adding 36 HP from stage 1 to stage 2 you gain 10km/H in a speed area of above 300 km/H

why haven't they never offered this for the RS4 B7 which is not to far away from the R8 engine.

Compressor issue, i am not a fan of MTM but they have proofed at the german Tuner GP that the R8 Comp really works and they have blown up several engine till they have got it right. Fine with me.

Novidem and SKN have one car, at least Novidem I havn't seen a picture of the SKN Comp.
I guess they do what they do most they just mount the Novidem kit and put their sticker on.
Back to Novidem, they have one R8, is it working well or still .................

From my point of view i will wait until my V10 will come in the beginning of 2009, it is set and configurated, the price will be a bit higher then the Tuning price for the Novidem incl all the options but full guarantee and audi support and this is worth much more money then what i would save on buying a tuned R8

·
Registered
313 Posts
Anybody have any comments about this company.. Anyone who knows them.. They look well organized in Germany and now expanding worldwide but any references or feedback would be good.

why do the look well organized.......because they have in some countries dealer, because if you look at some of the countries they don't have dealer they are looking for some, click on the uk dealer.

Guys get back down to earth, somebody throws around with HP's for your cars and same effect like a hot babe is standing in front of you............and a website is no reference...........

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ti-Mike,.. I cannot comment as to your own personal experiences, but I have been around Porsche's and tracks a long time, and I have learned that their are many many reputable race shops and tuners who know their craft as well as anyone. Some maybe even better than the original auto manufacturers.

Maybe you would please explain these bad things you know about SKN-TUNING? I'm sure they take their reputation very seriously and would want people to explain the complaints that are made in such a public place.

As to these superchargers for the R8, the design is crucial. I have used aftermarket turbos and superchargers in very expensive track cars with great success for years. And if we look at these three tuners and their cars, we can see that all of them have their Superchargers and all of the tubing that we can see, placed in identical places. This and the fact that all three are producing the same 550-560 HP, makes me think they have all copied the same basic system from each other.

Maybe it was MTM, with several test engines, who designed it? But both MTM and Novidem have very good histories with high performance superchargers. And I doubt if any engines were actually damaged in the design process. This is not the 1970's and 80's. The times of cheap add on fixes and cheap HP are long over if you stay with the high quality, hi performance tuners and race shops. As long as everyone is using the same or similar hi quality parts, and the same quality superchager, intercoolers, radiators, water pumps, and oil pumps, then this is a well tested design. indeed.

·
Registered
313 Posts
already the fact that they buy kits from other tuners as HGP etc and add them in their cars and sell it as SKN........

but another indication is the fact that a 10 km/H increase of the V/max between Stage 1 and 2 in the area of +300km/H , wow they are the first one who has made this happen.

I know more then 3 RS4 B5 and 2 S3 guys from another forum which had more then trouble with SKN.

I rather buy a V10 as I said then let anybody play around and in the end when something happen then it is always the fault of the other.

I had a blown up turbo on a 2.5Tdi Allroad with SKN software, ( 2700 km on the clock )
You should have heard them.......it is not their tuning , the Turbo had a problem......their words.........audi said the car is modified........i spoke again to SKN and their response was the turbo had a problem from the first second on......well well well, They said it is a problem from the Manufacturer of the Turbos.........anyway to cut the long strory short i payed for the turbo and end of the story.

why don't they add a log diagram to proof their results and increase of HPs and Vmax

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thnx Ti-Mike. Sounds like you have legitimate complaints with SKN.

And I agree completely that all reputable tuners must back all of their HP improvement claims with several before and after dyno tests that are made under the most demanding scientific circumstances. These test must be made available to all, and state clearly the conditions at the time of the tests, and that the before and after tests be made on the same machines and under identical conditions.

·
Registered
313 Posts
it is not that i am against tuning HELL NO, but if i look at the price tag and look at the price tag of my new V10, well the few swiss franks difference but have a easy life if .........but for example in switzerland you have a 100% warranty on all the ABT Tunings.

Why because AUDI, VW, SEAT etc are not imported by themselves into switzerland, this business is done by a company called AMAG. This company also owns the company which distributes ABT Tuning and if something happen, they just change what ever needs to been changed.
I know they do not always offer the HOTTEST re mapping or what so ever but 100% guarantee.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts