Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have an exclusive distributor agreement with Elite Carbon. They are currently supplying us with carbon fiber for the Ferrari F430 and getting things ready for the Gallardo and R8. Their quality is the best we have ever seen and the materials are the best on the market. Here is a little about their processes.

It is 100% carbon fiber and has no fiberglass or filler in it at all. The way Elite Carbon manufactures their parts is light-years ahead of the competition. The part is initially digitized into their computer system and the mold is made. The carbon fiber in the correct Ferrari weave is rolled out on a table where their computer cuts the carbon material perfect every time. No hand cutting here. This pre-preg carbon fiber is then laid into the mold in a numbered order to make sure each part is the same as the last one. The mold is vacuumed bagged in an autoclave. The part is then removed from the autoclave and the mold, then clear coated to a brilliant shine. This is the finest part you will find.

The guys that makes these parts worked years at Panoz and currently manufacturer all the carbon body work for the Ariel Atom. One of the guys has been working with composites since the '70's and used to build intake systems for F1 cars and then worked for Dan Gurney for 6 years. These guys know their stuff and are looking at making the carbon fiber that is needed for the Audi R8.

They are currently working on the side blades, mirrors and engine panels. Here is some pictures of their current parts that they make for the Ferrari. The last pic compare Elite Carbon with the lower part in the pic which is a Tubi made part.

Here is the parts on our website. http://www.prostores.exotica-motorsports.com/stores/cart.php?target=category&category_id=236

Also, if you have an R8 in the Northwest, contact me on how to get FREE CARBON FIBER!

·
Registered
274 Posts
very interested in your prices... sideblades and engine trim

·
Registered
347 Posts
A Carbon Kevlar blend could be used as well to give the parts the look of silver, red or yellow carbon fiber.
Other colors? I've seen someone here posted all sorts of other colors before and they are kinda cool.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I met a guy in liverpool 2 weeks ago, he said he had spent 30k+ on his car, he said he had the engine re-bored and all the fin's were changed to carbon as well as the lip on the front spoiler .
sounded good to me, i got his email so he could send me the details of the fitter but he has not replied.
i would love to see his car unfortunate the car he was in was a courtesy r8 from crawley audi as his own blew the fan belt .
He mentioned that it was an audi approved job and they where covering the fan belt..... further to the courtesy car he was offered helicopter to london if he wanted.

Viggo Pm me if you read this.

·
Registered
156 Posts
any more updates?

I noticed that since we have access to purchasing CF pieces aftermarket,
and since the price of these CF pieces are about the same price if not a bit less than factory, Isn't it a better deal to buy it aftermarket rather than spend the same money on the dealership? at least this way, you'll have one regular colored set of side blades from the factory, and then another CF set waiting for you ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
any more updates?

I noticed that since we have access to purchasing CF pieces aftermarket,
and since the price of these CF pieces are about the same price if not a bit less than factory, Isn't it a better deal to buy it aftermarket rather than spend the same money on the dealership? at least this way, you'll have one regular colored set of side blades from the factory, and then another CF set waiting for you ;)
Still probably a month out unfortunately.

I agree with you. I think ever new R8 should be ordered with the colored blades and then a carbon set purchased from us aftermarket. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Come on you guys, step up!

Somebody should take up Jason's offer of FREE carbon fiber!

(I'm only putting this out because my partner won't give up our car to make the molds; so..... I don't get FREE parts.....)

This is $10K usd you're leaving on the table guys.........

(OK, i know 10k US is now just "pocket change" to the rest of the world, but still.......)

No affiliation; just hate to see a gr8 offer go begging.......

Tritone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts