Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sprint Blue ?????

Only available in Jet Blue or Mugello Blue in the UK !!!!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think you wiull find 'Sprint Blue' is the colour of the RS4 as per the official Audi RS4 literature ... not too disimilar to the bright blue colour that you see Subaru Imprezzas wearing ... stricking blue when clean ... but with the similarity to the Subaru Imprezza blue ... I'll not be asking for it when the Audi Exclusive option allow colours other than the initial eight colours offered for the R8.

Tried to correct the obvious spelling mistake in the title of this thread ... but only managed to correct the title in the actual initial post ... rather than the title displayed when browsing the index of threads ... still at least I know now not to bother ... still welcome to the site Joe!

·
Registered
647 Posts
When Audi release Exclusive paint option for R8 all current Audi colors will be available... Price will be around 3000Euro in EU, dely in production around 3-4months(!) and there will be some limits in choice...
Colors that will be availble for sure(info form my Audi friend, those are the colors that costumers requested for R8 orders):

Venetia Violett Perleffekt
Avus Silver Perleffekt
Misano Red Perleffekt
Black Cherry Perleffekt
Imola Yellow

·
Registered
149 Posts
Black Cherry has a few admirers, myself included. I seem to remember there is a secret admirer among the senior forum members. I am sure my second car will have an exclusive paint option and this is one of the front runners but I need to see a whole car in Kreso's favourite Venetian Violet.

John

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can somebody clarify what colors will be available for the first batch of cars, and of those colors what will be considered a "standard" color versus an "exclusive" color?

Will there be a wider range of colors available later?

Thanks.

·
Registered
647 Posts
8 colors are available from the start:

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/new_cars/r8/Design_Features/360_exterior_view.html

From October 2007 production there will be an Exclusive paint option(code 9996 plus color code). But, this mean ONLY Audi paint from current range(A3,A4,A5,A6,A8 etc.) or recent past...

Exclusive examples are(colors that are requested by R8 buyers):

Avus Silver, Pearl effect C2C2
Misano Red, Pearl effect N9N9
Amethyst Grey, Pearl effect B2B2(color from original RS2)
Racing Green, Pearl effect 8N8N
Elderberry, Pearl effect 7L7L
Venetian Purple, Pearl effect 4H4H
Black Cherry, Pearl effect 8C8C
Lava Grey, Pearl effect 1R1R
Imola Yellow, Solid 1T1T

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry to keep on about this issue but has anyone got any photos of a phantom black / oxygen silver SB to show us? Its quite a popular combo but no photos of a real car have surfaced.

John

·
Registered
175 Posts
Black Cherry has a few admirers, myself included. I seem to remember there is a secret admirer among the senior forum members. I am sure my second car will have an exclusive paint option and this is one of the front runners but I need to see a whole car in Kreso's favourite Venetian Violet.

John
This is owned by Varsity, the only black cherry RS4 I know

·
Registered
718 Posts
Dear All,

I have a confession to make.......................

It has just recently become possible to order the R8 in exclusive colours.

I managed to get in fast.

You can pick any colour you want in Audi's current colour range. Price is £2400.00.

My R8 is SPRINT BLUE with Oxygen silver sideblades.

It is being shipped at present and will be here in a week or two for collection 1st September.

Photos to follow.

Its either going to look very good, or be a mistake. Not much in between !!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Dear All,

I have a confession to make.......................

It has just recently become possible to order the R8 in exclusive colours.

I managed to get in fast.

You can pick any colour you want in Audi's current colour range. Price is £2400.00.

My R8 is SPRINT BLUE with Oxygen silver sideblades.

It is being shipped at present and will be here in a week or two for collection 1st September.

Photos to follow.

Its either going to look very good, or be a mistake. Not much in between !!!
Very unique and eye catching, you will definately grab some attention with this colour - look forward to passing you on the local roads.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts