Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at our list of R8 orders here and by far most popular color is Phantom Black.
In fact all R8 here are in four colors:
Phantom Black
Daytona Grey
Ice Silver
Jet Blue

So, my R8 will then definitely be alien here since I need to decide between Monterrey Green/Deep Green or Mugello Blue/Night Blue combiantions.

My favorite so far is Mugello Blue/Night Blue, but even Monterrey Green/Deep Green looks pretty good indeed IMHO.

Of course, most interesting one that I saw on the pics is Venetia Violett/Phantom Black-truly special one...

Why is there no interesting for real colors like Brilliant Red?

And one last question for all of you, fellow R8 enthusiasts-what is your dream R8 color? Remember, this color must be from Audi current color range!

So, if you are ordering Audi Exclusive color on your R8 your choice is...(Paul, you are without comment here!:D I know your favorite...;) )

·
Registered
617 Posts
It may have been nice to see a special option of say graduated colours from top to bottom, for example Daytona Grey graduating to Phantom Black on the lower half of the car. If anyone can do a photoshop of this it may be an interesting option to nag Audi for and include it in their Exclusive range. Naturally side blade choices may be interesting here!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm... Interesting.

How about different choice of colors and side blades?
Example's:

Daytona Grey with Lava Grey side blades(IMHO far better combination then with Quartz Grey side blades)

or

Phantom Black with Phantom Black side blades(this combination could be very popular...)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Why is there no interesting for real colors like Brilliant Red?
I think the reason for that is the fact that only a few people have actually seen these colors. So if you decide to go for the red one (the same goes for the other colors you sum up, a lot of people don't know you can actually choose these, let alone have seen them), you have to decide it without seeing it in real life. If it turns afterwards you don't really like the color, well, that's a lot of money that you lose for repainting it. So, my personal guess is because people like to choose the 'safe' colors because they know what to expect then.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I did think that the Ibis White did look very nice, especially in the picture from the US links. But, it does remind me a bit too much of Miami Vice and the 80's Essex culture of everything white (no offence to those from Essex, it was just a great era). I think that Lemme has it all summed up - we are all playing it safe!!!

Kreso, I nearly went for Mugello Blue myself and bottled out at the last minute - it had too much variation in colour in different lights. Their we ago again, I played safe and chose Daytona Grey.

I did notice with Phantom Black that under good lighting it did show all the swirly fine scratch marks from polishing / cleaning, where as the Daytona Grey had a more consistant finish. IMHO.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMO key element are side blades in DARKER color then main exterior color.
R8 looks more harmonic IMHO that way.

My(almost) dream combination is:

Lava Grey with Phantom Black side blades-that would look truly awsome IMHO.

·
Registered
564 Posts
well SBs must not be darker, can be lighter aswell.. my favourit as you know is black with silver SBs... never saw that in this combination yet, and this is a sign for individuality... if I would have been brave, i would have chosen white with dark carbon SBs... but i am not

its funny cause when i was thinking for a perfect color last year, violet was immediately popping up in my mind... dark purple is perfect... SBs i dont know, also in purple or maybe... phantomblack or dark CF

·
Registered
840 Posts
It may have been nice to see a special option of say graduated colours from top to bottom, for example Daytona Grey graduating to Phantom Black on the lower half of the car.
Very interesting and excellent idea ... I like the idea of Lava Grey (top) over Daytona Grey (bottom) ... with the sideblades Daytona Grey (top) and Lava Grey (bottom) ... or maybe sideblades could be graduated on a vertical axis ... mmmm I wonder if we could start a petition ... :confused:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Very interesting and excellent idea ... I like the idea of Lava Grey (top) over Daytona Grey (bottom) ... with the sideblades Daytona Grey (top) and Lava Grey (bottom) ... or maybe sideblades could be graduated on a vertical axis ... mmmm I wonder if we could start a petition ... :confused:

You would have to very careful that you do not turn the R8 into a fish with gills!!! Perish the thought

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
You would have to very careful that you do not turn the R8 into a fish with gills!!! Perish the thought
lol ... indeed ... although I think there is an artists impression on TTej's signature that has gills in the sideblades already ... ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
although i have ordered silver with black cf sideblades, the colour i would of liked would of been phantom black with silver cf sideblades but i think this would delay my delivery in the uk is this right kreso

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Silver CF for interior is decided to NOT be available! Discussion about Silver CF for side blades are still on in Neckarsulm...

·
Registered
24 Posts
And one last question for all of you, fellow R8 enthusiasts-what is your dream R8 color? Remember, this color must be from Audi current color range!

I would go for what I think is the most unique color from the Audi current color range - Jet Blue. But I still havn't decided on the S.B. yet - Silver CF or Black CF? In some photos the jet blue looks a bit dull. I'd like it to be very metallic. I like the jet blue in the show car featured in the Paris car show.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Favourite R8 colour as presently available from the R8 only range ... probably has to be Phantom Black ... which I'd like to have Lava Grey sideblades with ... as per my order.

If you're asking which colour people would pick if they could have any of Audi's current colour range ... well, I think the answers from most people would be quite different ... I know mine would.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Nobody fancy gold then??? Would go well with black or silver carbon sideblades! :D
I do know my favourite choice of colour for the bodywork and sideblade ... if the "Audi Exclusive" option for any paint colour in the Audi range is available when I confirm my order and spec ... although I am not prepared to publicly state this colour choice until after my R8 has been built using it ... if this means I have to wait until I get my hands on a V10 powered R8 in late 2008 ... then I'm afraid everyone will have to wait for my colour choice ... :eek:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Paul,
Just go for current R8! Then simly order V10 version in "your" color!

For all other people interested here are some colors from Audi Exclusive range:

Amethyst Grey Pearl Effect B2B2
Racing Green Pearl Effect 8N8N
Glacier Blue Pearl Effect 1H1H
Santorin Blue Pearl Effect 5J5J
Deep Sea Green Pearl Effect G7G7
Elderberry Pearl Effect 7L7L
Venetian Purple Pearl Effect 4H4H

Your dealer should have all this colors in his Audi Exclusive package!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Paul,
Just go for current R8! Then simly order V10 version in "your" color!
I might not need to go for the V10 version ... all will be revealed in a new thread that I'm about to start on the site ... :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts