Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a repost BUT

In the August 07 edition of Evo(just out here in Australia)
On page 162 "The Knowledge"
The lap times of the Bedford west Circuit
Have the R8 slotted between a Ferrari Enzo & a Koenigsegg CCX
Is this a misprint?
Or is the R8 just bloody fast in the right hands!
The R8 also beats Gallardo & GT3 and a host of other cars that are not user friendly on a daily basis.
Can anyone else confirm these times or do we have to wait for Stig or someother TV personality to prove it.( We only get last years reruns down under).
The 9 cars faster than the R8 are all "Supercars" or track cars!

·
Registered
381 Posts
There's been a huge amount of debate on various other fora that I'm a member of, regarding the Evo times.

It has been suggested (perhaps correctly so) that 2 things contributed to this:

1) parts of the circuit have been resurfaced recently, giving the R8 better grip/traction than previous attempts
2) at least one of the corners has been remodelled, giving the R8 a quicker/shorter track

Personally, I'm waiting with interest for Top Gear to put The Stig into one, to see how it performs around their track - however, I don't think its a circuit which will do the R8 many favours versus the likes of the CCX, although it should open a gap between some of the fast saloons.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Please read this months EVO (Letters) where an engineer has the view that the car instils gives so much confidence tothe driver that it can been driven quicker out of the box

1 - 3 of 3 Posts