Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PIRELLI P ZERO TO EQUIP THE NEW R8,
AUDI'S GREATEST TECHNOLOGICAL EXPRESSION

Milan, 17 January 2007 - A prestigious new partner for the new Pirelli P Zero has just taken to the stage: the Audi R8, the most extreme and technologically advanced car yet produced by the German manufacturer.
Audi's supercar, presented today in Las Vegas, will boast the latest Pirelli technological innovation applied to the P Zero range, the secrets of which are due to be revealed in Dubai on the 11th of February.

Extremely high performance, avant-garde technology and the utmost attention to safety are characteristics shared by the new R8 and the P Zero tyres.

Pirelli, which already partners Audi on many of the Ingolstadt manufacturer's other reference products, will supply the P Zero in two sizes: 235/35ZR19 for the front and 295/30ZR19 for the rear axles.

"Being chosen to supply original equipment for a technological masterpiece such as the Audi R8 represents an honour and a commitment for Pirelli", explains Maurizio Boiocchi, head of Pirelli Tyre SpA Research and Development. "The Pirelli P Zeros bring together the best of Pirelli research. With this supply we have reinforced our partnership with Audi, which has already adopted Pirelli tyres on other important models in its range."

·
Registered
840 Posts
If they can improve on the levels of grip offered by the Perelli P Zeros on the RS4 ... bring it on.

I know the characteristics of the R8 will offer higher levels of grip over those already found in the RS4 ... but coupled with tyres that offer better grip ... well that will be a very impressive end result ... bring it on!!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Is it possible to order the tyres only at the dealer? My R8 will at first not be fitted with P Zero tyres. I'll swap them after delivery of my R8

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guilty,
Your R8 will probably be delivered with new P Zero tires!
These new P Zero are not Corsa's, but completely new developed P Zero's! They combine performances of old P Zero Rosso's and Corsa's...
And this new P Zero's are currently the only OEM tire approved for R8.
Michelin Pilot PS2 that were on most show cars are N1 Porsche approved versions! These Michelin's will not be on first production R8s...
Audi signed exclusive deal with Pirelli for R8. These new P Zero's will be build in special version approved just for R8!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Exclusive to R8 !!!!!!!!!!

Expensive to replace then ??????

Probably hard to get hold of through our regular tyre supplliers, may be a good idea to buy a spare tyre or two now, to cover the day you have a problem and then told you have to wait 2-3 weeks for a special order tyre. :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Exclusive to R8 !!!!!!!!!!

Expensive to replace then ??????

Probably hard to get hold of through our regular tyre supplliers, may be a good idea to buy a spare tyre or two now, to cover the day you have a problem and then told you have to wait 2-3 weeks for a special order tyre. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Right on all counts - The Rosso's I have had on the Maserati are 2-3 week order, expensive and last under 5000 miles even if you arent trying to wear them out. Good grip though.

John

·
Registered
782 Posts
Guilty,
Your R8 will probably be delivered with new P Zero tires!
These new P Zero are not Corsa's, but completely new developed P Zero's! They combine performances of old P Zero Rosso's and Corsa's...
And this new P Zero's are currently the only OEM tire approved for R8.
Michelin Pilot PS2 that were on most show cars are N1 Porsche approved versions! These Michelin's will not be on first production R8s...
Audi signed exclusive deal with Pirelli for R8. These new P Zero's will be build in special version approved just for R8!
Sweeeeeet! Thanks.

Called my dealer but still no answer on the delivery month : ( :(

·
Registered
840 Posts
Is there anything new on there because if there is, I havent spotted it?

John
I've had a quick look on the BBC Top Gear pages and can't see it ... can anyone who finds it post a link to the review please ... :confused: ... thanks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am beginning to suspect that most of these reviewers copy from each other. The TG review could have been assembled from any of the previous contibutions. Original thought seems to be missing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts