Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5-112, 57.1 centerbore.

Front: 19x8.5 42et w/ 235/35-19 91Y. 8.5 Width can use 32-51 offsets. 9.0 Width could use 38-45 offsets. 255 would be max rec'd front width.

Rear 19x11.0 50et w/ 295/30-19 100Y. 10.5 Width can use 34-65 offsets. 11.0 --> 40-64 offset, and 11.5 --> 46-57 offset. 325 would be max tire width.

***Brakes are the hardest we have ever measured. The front caliper sticks out 44mm, and the rear sticks out 53mm.

This will be added to our fitment guide in our next update (within 7 days). Once updated the vehicle and its wheel and tire options will show on our website.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Thanks for all of this good info on tires. But I do have a related question. With this new info on the R8 tires, offsets and brakes sizes, can you now predict pretty accurately which after-market wheels will fit the R8 and also clear the big brakes?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can but you might or might not like my answer. Most of the wheels will need to be custom built. HRE should have a few designs, Giovanna will probably have something, Liquid Metal and CEC should too. Most of the 3-piece wheel manufacturers should be able to build something. As for less expensive options, at this point they will be very sparse. This is the only vehicle that falls into these specs and unfortunately, the specs are extreme.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Yep.. Most R8 guys would be looking for the better wheels anyway. But I also know that these huge brakes make it difficult for some of the best custom wheel designs to ever fit correctly. Would the use of a correctly sized spacer, make many of these better wheel designs become compatible with the larger brakes?

Also, do you happen to know how far the front and rear brakes on a Porsche GT3 ( steel brakes) would stick out, so I can compare them, and then get an idea of approx size of spacer?

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep.. Most R8 guys would be looking for the better wheels anyway. But I also know that these huge brakes make it difficult for some of the best custom wheel designs to ever fit correctly. Would the use of a correctly sized spacer, make many of these better wheel designs become compatible with the larger brakes?

Also, do you happen to know how far the front and rear brakes on a Porsche GT3 ( steel brakes) would stick out, so I can compare them, and then get an idea of approx size of spacer?
Good point, I would hope that they all would but I've seen some pretty "interesting" product selections when it comes to wheels and tires no matter what the vehicle.

Spacers are never a good idea. They are almost a 4 letter word to our company. We have a policy against installing them and in fact our stores won't and even rotate tires on a vehicle with them.

I don't know what the brake specs on the GT3 are but I will try to find out for you, I'll post up what I find, thanks for the questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts