Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Recently Took Delivery Of My R8 And Would Like To Purchase A Set Of Fitted Luggage. What Is The Latest In Availability In The USA And What Is Best, Hard Side Or Soft Side?

I Thank You In Advance For Your Assistance!!

GMM:)

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Thank you for your speedy reply. Which did you get?

GMM
I ordered 2 soft cases for the boot. They fit perfectly, look really sweet and are very well constructed. I understand the hard shell cases are a real work of art. You can't go wrong with either, but don't look for the suiter!

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Just about any "carry on" sized bag will fit in the well in the cargo space. On top of that you can fit a back pack sized bag on each side of the cargo space and then there's room for three sets of shoes between them and if you have not over packed the bag, you can get some excess smaller stuff around the bag down in the space.

We're currently only using one back pack sized bag and putting dirty clothes in a bag on top/to the side on the little shelf opposite the back pack.

Another soft sided carry on sized bag will fit behind each seat on the shelf and there's room for a lap top sized case (briefcase?) behind each seat.

We're currently 2000 miles into our present trip (still have about 1700 to go!) and have used this setup three times now for cross country tours in our R8.

14 months of ownership, 28K miles and counting. Man I love this car!

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Just about any "carry on" sized bag will fit in the well in the cargo space. On top of that you can fit a back pack sized bag on each side of the cargo space and then there's room for three sets of shoes between them and if you have not over packed the bag, you can get some excess smaller stuff around the bag down in the space.

We're currently only using one back pack sized bag and putting dirty clothes in a bag on top/to the side on the little shelf opposite the back pack.

Another soft sided carry on sized bag will fit behind each seat on the shelf and there's room for a lap top sized case (briefcase?) behind each seat.

We're currently 2000 miles into our present trip (still have about 1700 to go!) and have used this setup three times now for cross country tours in our R8.

14 months of ownership, 28K miles and counting. Man I love this car!
I'm impressed by your web site! Some of that going on out our way too! (Oregon being 2/3's desert, but you never hear about that!) Gonna' build an R8 based off-road racer? That could be INTERESTING!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
:) I found that the max. size allowed carry on bag for most airlines fits perfectly in the front stow compartment. Apparently Audi did their homework. I don't use my R 8 to leave at airport ...but I pick up certain people in her...just to BLOW SOME MINDS !! :)

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
From the pics of the custom luggage all look to be of fine quality

1 - 9 of 9 Posts