Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have been doing research on how to keep the purchasing expenses to a minimum when aquiring my R8. I have researched setting up a Montana LLC, and registering the car there as there is no sales tax in MT.

Also, I was curious as to the amount of the Gas Guzzler tax on the R8. Any info?

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
oh c'mon...are you going to make your own gas too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I get bored of cars pretty regularly, I don't really enjoy paying $10k or more in sales tax every time. If you research forming a Montana LLC, it seems like a viable option. People do it for RV purchases all the time.

As for the gas guzzler tax, I was just curious.

I hope to get to a point in my life where expenses like these won't matter, but in the mean time, I felt the question was valid, and some other non-Trumps would appreciate the information.

·
Registered
274 Posts
depends on which state the car will reside in...
some are more aggressive with their use taxes than others

·
Registered
39 Posts
and see..I thought only the Trumps were into tax evasion. Unless you spend less than 60 days in the state you intend to keep the car, you are asking for trouble IMHO. If you are worried about sales tax, and flip cars often, you should do short term leasing. Depending on the state you are in, you only pay the tax on the lease price, not the full sales price. Lease a car for a year at a time. Gas guzzler is something else entirely. Wanna talk about unfair...get the soccer mom who drives her Expedition or Suburban to the mailbox everyday to explain why her SUV doesn't have a gas tax and your car does. The R8 even gets better gas mileage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts