Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - picked up #294 of 333 this past August. Color is a stunning Azzurro California, an Audi Exclusive paint option, with Black Alcantara and white stitching interior.

Anyone know the rarity of this color? Was this the only one produced in Azzurro California? I’ve checked the registries, and so far, I have the only one in this color to the best of my knowledge.

Here is the only current, functioning R8 GT registry that I know of. Just registered mine and will take a day or two to populate: www[DOT]exclusivecarregistry.com/cars/audi/r8gt

Glad to be a part of the forum. Spamming some photos now, enjoy!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Absolutely stunning! I've never seen or heard of that color before.

You start off with a rare car and add a rare color to the mix.

·
Registered
415 Posts
ooh nice, congrats on the new car. I've only seen a similar colour, in a matte version at the Tokyo Motor show, 9 years ago. Quite rare indeed, haven't seen this colour on the road.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ooh nice, congrats on the new car. I've only seen a similar colour, in a matte version at the Tokyo Motor show, 9 years ago. Quite rare indeed, haven't seen this colour on the road.
Yes! That's what I originally thought my color was as well. The color on the Spyders is a production color called Jet Blue Metallic. When I called Audi to verify the color on mine, they verified that mine was a special ordered paint color not Jet Blue. Previous owner completely covered the car in clear bra from front to back, very convenient :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello from another GT owner! That colour looks beautiful, I wonder if yours is a 1 of 1 worldwide? Hope you are enjoying the car since you picked it up!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello from another GT owner! That colour looks beautiful, I wonder if yours is a 1 of 1 worldwide? Hope you are enjoying the car since you picked it up!
Thanks Jonathan, I've absolutely loved it so far! RE: the color, I'm wondering the same thing, if this is a 1 of 1 or not? Exclusive Car Registry .com has 97 GTs logged, but 0 in Azzurro California besides mine. It has 2 or 3 GTs in other shades of blue (Sepang, etc) though.

Anyone have a way of finding out the full list of GT produced colors BEYOND the production colors? (samoa orange, suzuka gray, phantom black, ice silver)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wanted to thank everyone for the kind words! Will be sure to keep more content coming on #294 moving forward.

In the meantime, here’s a pull-away video of my car with my Avior Performance Exhaust (stainless, x-pipe, non-resonated, powder coated):

More to come!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice and congrats!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's really nice, very unique. Looks excellent on that car. Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
6,013 Posts
Very nice! I saw your car at Larz Anderson C&C a couple weeks ago and wondered what color it was. Thought possibly Jet Blue but wasn't sure since I had never seen that color in person

·
Registered
396 Posts
sexy as hell!! Congrats and welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts