Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Must be the latest and greatest.Was surfing t.v. and caught a glimpse of Pimp My Ride and they described this new finish...Something about an acid being involved.Bumpers are plastic so true chrome not possible...but I have seen plenty of plastic chromed...Am a littrtle confused. Definitly the best silver paint job to appear CHROME.:)

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Hey folks, I be willing to bet this is polished aluminum, not chrome. Just like the DeLorean and numerous aircraft over the years. Too cool!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The De Lorean was made of Stainless steel, I beleive. And our bumpers are made of PLASTIC ,Scott. So it must be a wrap or new paint system we don't know too much about.Maybe I'll catch a rerun of Pimp My Ride where they painted a veh with this system. C-YAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :) And I have seen an original bodied Arnts style Shelby Cobra (aluminum body) that is FULLY polished.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Bumpers are plastic so true chrome not possible..
True, it's a **** good job whatever it is! This might be the ultimate finish for us in the desert, it might reflect more heat & UV than white? Not that I would be doing it anytime soon...

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Some R8s can be heard coming from a mile away...A chrome one could send a reflection into the STRATOSPHERE !!!!!!!! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts