Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
A production / dealers car with Ceramic brakes ????

I thought that these would not be available at the start????

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was shoocked, but it seems to be the true...

At least it would give to some costumers a chance to try Ceramics and decide to order them or not...

·
Registered
274 Posts
some of the best pics i have seen of this car!!
love the color too...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just noticed.........

Judging by the camera angles and the barrier posts their must have been two indentical R8's in Daytona Grey with carbon sideblades.

What an extravagance, sould have delivered mine early and saved the rental of the floor space for one :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bit slow on the uptake here, but I noticed this car is wearing Michelin Pilots - I'd thought up until now that only the Pirelli P Zero had been signed off for the R8 - is that out of date, and do you think we'll get a choice about what gets fitted on our cars? I've always really liked P Zeros on my previous cars, and was looking fwd to that being on the car from new...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Bit slow on the uptake here, but I noticed this car is wearing Michelin Pilots - I'd thought up until now that only the Pirelli P Zero had been signed off for the R8 - is that out of date, and do you think we'll get a choice about what gets fitted on our cars? I've always really liked P Zeros on my previous cars, and was looking fwd to that being on the car from new...
Good point and good spot ... I did notice myself (cue the cries of ... "yeah right, sure you did, not") but, put it down to it being a very early production model ... however, when you look back through photos taken at various places ... it just makes matters even more confusing ... the UK unveil events had a Phantom Black pre-production car wearing Michellin's ... the car featured in photo's taken by Barry Hayden for 'Automobile' of a Daytona Grey R8 in 2006 wore P Zero's ... as did the R8 at the Geneva Motor Show ... now a car that was more than likely built after the above cars (certainly the UK unveil car) rolls out into the public domain wearing Michellin's ... :confused:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How about this?

These Michelin's are actually N1 Porsche rated ones!

...and one other, it seems to me right now that BMW buyers will get their new M3s before any buyer will see its new R8.

Tires-they said only P Zero's, but at least few cars in EU are on the road with Michelin's...

Deliveries-they first said late May/early June, but now more realistic is July, even late August/early September since factory is closed late July/early August for holidays.

Options-even CF is not for sure... Piano Black? That one is on dealers internal price list for 6monts, but no official intro date... Ceramics? Bucket seats?

Point is-EVERYTHING IS DELAYED! Paul, you ALSO know what I am talking about...

We are apparently all well... idiots. We order the car without even seeing or driving it and in return... we get... truly moronic approach from Audi.

Look at events in LV... All those morons who got the chance to drive R8 will buy it(sorry to all respected memebers here who were on LV events!)?

Come on! We all know the answer...

I am deeeply dissapointed with all this... So is my friend who works for A.

All R8 intro/launch/plans/deliveries is little bit too much for Audi I guess...

...just this-new BMW M3 is released this week and guess who will get its car first-M3 or R8 buyer??

·
Registered
840 Posts
Point is-EVERYTHING IS DELAYED! Paul, you ALSO know what I am talking about...
I know ... like any member who reads all the information here ... that delivery dates have slipped ... options are coming out later than expected ... and overall ... customers with money deposited and cars ordered ... are somewhat disappointed at the way things have been unfolding in recent months ... possibly even longer than that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts