Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the Liverpool Victoria site just now so thought I would get an online quote and managed to get a price of £1200 for the R8 which I think is pretty good and not much more than I pay for the 997. I haven't shopped around yet but not a bad start.

·
Registered
718 Posts
They quoted me £1400 !!

Norwich Union (via an insurance broker) came in at £1050.00

Silly quote from Privilege at £2,000.00, and most other insurers would not quote cars above £75K value.

·
Registered
782 Posts
2300 euros allrisks here.

·
Registered
604 Posts
LV won't touch me until I have full NCB. I can't remember the company - I did a check via moneysupermarket

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks - moneysupermarket tends to give rogue quotes - I tried it myself and was quoted a £1000 but then when I went to the insurer site found that they don't even have the R8 listed yet and I was being quoted for an RS4!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
BEWARE of Bell !!!!

I am with them at present (RS4) and they gave me a good quote for an R8 (£1380) but i will not be using them and will not renew the RS4 with them.

Whilst there is no problem with them as an insurer and paying out etc etc, I just discovered that there is a issue that limits cover.

The level of their cover differs from other insurers. They will insure the car to the price of the factory supplied car only, with no options.

So, if you buy a £76K basic car, and spend further £10K on factory options, your payout on theft or write-off is £76K only.

They will not cover the factory fitted options !

The majority of other insurers cover the actual purchase price of the car, inclusive of options. This is something to double check before you actually place your insurance !

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thanks for the heads up - my car has £10k of options!

Got a quote off A Plan - £1690 (if I insured now so only 1 yr NCB)

·
Registered
617 Posts
My car arrives on the 23rd July so I thought I better work on the insurance bit now. I currently insure my 911 Turbo with Norwich Union at £968 per year and they quoted me for the R8 at no extra cost and my renewal in December will come down to £945.

This is for full comp, £93K value including Gold Assist + roadside recovery + protected no claims + legals.

Only one condition - must have a tracker fitted.

What is everyone doing for a tracker? I will start a separate thread for this topic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts