Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R8 will be here in a couple of months and I would like to find out what insurance companies current R8 owners are using - and how much the premium is, if you don't mind me asking. My first effort (on-line quote at Haggerty using the "exotic" category) was ~ $2500. I have a clean record for 20+ years (may change after October though!). Thanks in advance everyone!
:confused:

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm 23 with state farm and a clean record (well, was clean haha,) I pay about $300 a month for 6 months. I knock the premium way down when in storage, but if I decide I want to drive it, they can just add individual months as I see fit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got a quote from The Hartford AARP (for those >50!) - $1060 for $500 deductable/$1161 for $1000 deductable. Seems about right.

·
Registered
148 Posts
full coverage on mine from Progressive went down from my RS6!! I actually got a refund check back from the insurance company.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the R8, I am a concerned that most insurance companies insure at ACV. I can't believe the depreciation schedules - 50-60% for the first couple years. Per AFS, an early 2008 should be worth about $60-$70K? I don't think so! Most of the auto pricing sites like KBB, Edmunds & NADA don't even have statistics for the 2008 R8 last I checked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts