Audi R8 Forums banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Please let me know if I can place a deposit! I’m definitely in!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have this OEM cover in Daytona grey.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Those look neat as well. Good find.
looking forward to the bespoke design!

·
Registered
2015 R8 V10 6MT
12 Posts
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions guys it’s appreciated.

I have put together a quick concept image to show the kind of “oem like” design im thinking of.

View attachment 248509

As you can see it’s a blend of our key with the two more modern Audi oem keys. I personally like oem but do like the Bugatti key posted earlier in this thread.

Do people want to go down this oem style route?

I’d like to get a design that people like the look of before going to the tech drawing and 3D modelling stage so please feel free to give me some feedback.

I will experiment with materials at a later date once we have agreed on a design concept. I Was thinking the front shell could be alloy to tie in with the other details but the entire key can’t be alloy as this would impair the signal. In this regard the oem style back off the sq7 key gives enough clear surface area to transmit and still looks cool.

These alloy sections could theoretically be anodised to colour match to cars.

Im unsure on the legal implications of using the Audi and r8 emblems on the key, I have looked into this and the short answer is to get a license permission is going to make this project too expensive which Isn’t really the idea. I don’t know if anyone else is more experienced in this field

At this stage I am proposing to supply the keys with the areas for the logos CNC’d out then providing quality self adhesive logos that happen to fit those dimensions separately. People then may or may not choose to apply these themselves. 🙂

Thanks for the interest.
I really like this design! I’m definitely in for a key or 2!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm very interested, the key for my recent grim Tesla I had (work courtesy car) is more interesting than the one for the R8

101 - 109 of 109 Posts