Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pls see earlier R8 luggage thread for pics pf leather luggage that was commissioned by Audi for UK owners..
The particulars are below..
If we can get 10 buyers the deal is good..IMHO!
Feedback welcome. I started new thread to keep the feedback specific to the group buy!
The communication ...

stewart

the simple answer is yes we can get you a discount for buying in bulk, there would be more savings if we could ship to one address in the usa and get them distributed from there

I'm afraid I cant do a set at $500, this is less then audi pay when they're ordering serveral hundred sets, if you were to order 5 sets we could do them at $620+ shipping and at 10+ sets at $565, i know the weaker sterling has made the price cheaper, unfortuately it has also made the actual cost more expensive and we'll be increasing our prices from monday to reflect this. We also work on a standard margin, i don;t believe a case should cost the customer more just because it's in a more expensive car

payment wise this price is payment via paypal, if people wanted to pay by bank transfer it drops to 600/550 as i'm willing to pass on the savings

shipping costs would depend on how you want to do it and we can quote accordingly, either to addresses in the states or to a single point

let me know what you think

paul

On Jan, 1 2009, at 00:35, swallach wrote:

Good morning…
I am an R8 owner and participant on the R8 talk forum (R8talk.com). I was introduced to your luggage set that Audi commissioned for owners in the UK on the site. I am interested in a set in the $500.00 range. Are there economies that you would realize as a mfr at certain levels allowing for a group buy. If so, pls advise minimums and I would be happy to solicit the volume necessary..
Pls keep freight in mind when considering this proposal.Pls quote in US dollars and indicate credit card /paypal options.
Thank you and Happy New Year

·
Registered
38 Posts
nicely done stewart. I've packed ala "beverly hillbillys" for a weekend trip with my R8....since then i've been craving a set of luggage...so i want a set.

For anyone who wants to see the link here 'tis:

http://www.ttsroadsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=114001A&product=R8LUG01

Is there any way we can get some additional detail photos of the 2 piece set? I realize you are putting yourself forward to accept some hassle in dealing with this so if you'd rather not ask paul i'll try to contact him for additional photos. It would be nice to get a slightly better sense of what we are buying....the photos on his site don't do much in the way of revealing anything other than general shape.

It would also be nice to get a specific quote on shipping options for 5 sets and 10 sets. I'm really not sure if it would ultimately be cheaper to ship to one location and have someone hassle with reshipping to each buyer once the sets arrive...or have each set shipped individually? something tells me the latter may be a more viable option for hassle and $ sake.

Your efforts are appreciated. Let me know if you want to contact the vendor again or would rather have me do it.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Hang on... I was under the impression that this was for the bespoke luggage: http://www.bespokeluggage.co.uk/r8.htm

If so, I'm in, and I'll probably want it in hard form.

I suppose if we shipped to one address, it'd be easiest to find someone closest to the east coast, unless that doesn't matter. Then you'd want to find someone in the center of everyone to cut down on the costs of reshipping.

If reshipping is more time consuming and costly than just having it direct, I say we go direct.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would be on board for a set as well

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Hang on... I was under the impression that this was for the bespoke luggage: http://www.bespokeluggage.co.uk/r8.htm

If so, I'm in, and I'll probably want it in hard form.
I think Stewart was referring to the leather Audi type luggage set. From his post below.

" I was introduced to your luggage set that Audi commissioned for owners in the UK on the site. "

This would be the leather set.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Most excellent. Fingers are crossed it's the leather set and i'm mistaken.

From the link it appears there are multiple options....3 pieces, 2 pieces and hard luggage versions. Is the 2-piece boot soft kit being priced? Perhaps this is clear to everyone else and i'm just suffering from too much New Years cheer!

I'm thinking about a 3-piece soft set for my use assuming that is being made available. It would appear we have a desire for a hard case set as well above...can we get pricing options for all the variables so we can select the pieces we would like to order? Again...i'm happy to contact the vendor in the event this is a hassle for you Stewart.

Thanks....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pls see earlier R8 luggage thread for pics pf leather luggage that was commissioned by Audi for UK owners..
The particulars are below..
If we can get 10 buyers the deal is good..IMHO!
Feedback welcome. I started new thread to keep the feedback specific to the group buy!
The communication ...

stewart

the simple answer is yes we can get you a discount for buying in bulk, there would be more savings if we could ship to one address in the usa and get them distributed from there

I'm afraid I cant do a set at $500, this is less then audi pay when they're ordering serveral hundred sets, if you were to order 5 sets we could do them at $620+ shipping and at 10+ sets at $565, i know the weaker sterling has made the price cheaper, unfortuately it has also made the actual cost more expensive and we'll be increasing our prices from monday to reflect this. We also work on a standard margin, i don;t believe a case should cost the customer more just because it's in a more expensive car

payment wise this price is payment via paypal, if people wanted to pay by bank transfer it drops to 600/550 as i'm willing to pass on the savings

shipping costs would depend on how you want to do it and we can quote accordingly, either to addresses in the states or to a single point

let me know what you think

paul

On Jan, 1 2009, at 00:35, swallach wrote:

Good morning…
I am an R8 owner and participant on the R8 talk forum (R8talk.com). I was introduced to your luggage set that Audi commissioned for owners in the UK on the site. I am interested in a set in the $500.00 range. Are there economies that you would realize as a mfr at certain levels allowing for a group buy. If so, pls advise minimums and I would be happy to solicit the volume necessary..
Pls keep freight in mind when considering this proposal.Pls quote in US dollars and indicate credit card /paypal options.
Thank you and Happy New Year
I AM IN FOR A SOFT 3 PIECE SET

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in, assuming that it's for the bespoke set and not the ttsroadsport set. In order of preference:

- 3 soft
- 2 hard and 1 soft
- 2 soft
- 2 hard

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It is the LEATHER bespoke program authorized by Audi..(embossed rings)..This stuff is really nice. It will probably be just as easy to order by PayPal individually and ship direct to each home locations..We may save a few dollars shipping to a single destination but it will be more work than it is worth..
Pls refer to the Bespoke luggage post below..

www.bespokeluggage.co.uk/r8.htm

I will follow up with Paul kennedy as soon as we have 10 sets..and make arrangements for a promo reference number for the discount. At that point everyone can deal with this at their convenience.. I am glad you are all as pleased as I am..I will advise with updates within this same thread..
Pls check back ..

If our moderator can design a list within this thread for individuals to sign up..that would be great.If not I will organize a list in a day or so after everyone has had a chance to decide..

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Sure, count me in too. Can't get enough goodies!

mt

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
I am in, too. I believe you left SwanSailor off your list, so does that make 10?

StewartW
AnOutsider
russman
R84me
robot
sammy
naval
toecutter
swansailor
desperado

·
Premium Member