Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to Everyone im about 2 weeks from purchasing a R8, i just wanted to know how is the maintenance on it. Oil Change? from audi and like a big maintenance like change trasmission fluid and break fluid you know like every 3000 miles or whatever you get a big maintenance from audi? any idea and i heard audi's have a lot engine problems True or False?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not everyone's a native English speaker, gsmps. ;)

On this forum, there are quite a few people living all over the world
and most might be educated in the States/UK/etc and have a good
command of English but some might not and be using English as a
third language..... or fifth! hehehe

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
in the uk it can theoretically be up to 20k miles/2 yrs before the first service/oil change on the longlife service regime (flexible computer determined) - or 10k/1yr on the inspection service regime.

in the us, they get a 5k miles first service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am very sorry for my spelling, i been learning for about a year now, i just move to CA about 7 months ago.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not everyone's a native English speaker, gsmps. ;)

On this forum, there are quite a few people living all over the world
and most might be educated in the States/UK/etc and have a good
command of English but some might not and be using English as a
third language..... or fifth! hehehe

I am VERY well aware of this since I do business internationally on a daily basis.

If you look at the post it also appears that he is a troll. Especially when suggesting that Audi's have alot of engine problems

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Hang in there 14 hugs....What options are you getting? And welcome to California. Do you plan on staying?? Pardon my spelling !:cool:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I’m surprised that someone with enough money to buy an R8 has such a hard time with spelling.
I do not see the correlation between spelling and owning an R8. What is important here is - our love for the car, right?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
To own the only one of its' kind in your town is a real fortunate thing for you. There aren't many of us R8 owners.If you customise your R 8 you will REALLY stand out.There aren't that many complaints about the cars' engine--mostly praise.The situation is simple to understand...We all want more and we want it now .Even if the engine put out 1000 H.P. some one would modify it to make even more power.So,don't necessarily think there are problems...We just want more!!!! (power,etc.):)

·
Registered
485 Posts
To own the only one of its' kind in your town is a real fortunate thing for you. There aren't many of us R8 owners.If you customise your R 8 you will REALLY stand out.There aren't that many complaints about the cars' engine--mostly praise.The situation is simple to understand...We all want more and we want it now .Even if the engine put out 1000 H.P. some one would modify it to make even more power.So,don't necessarily think there are problems...We just want more!!!! (power,etc.):)
There are a lot of words here, did you check your spelling this time? ; >

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Negatory mdc. Spelling check off,No M.M.I. either.

·
Registered
485 Posts
In my original post I should have just mentioned that there was a troll here who couldn’t spell.
Just picking on you ; > I am bad at spelling/grammar, typing with two fingers is not helping either. But love my R8 as my much as everyone here.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
... and i heard audi's have a lot engine problems True or False?
A lot?...no! Some?...Sure!
Every manufacturer has the occasional failure. Regarding the electronic-based engine problems we see more and more frequently, most manufacturers are using the same sensors from a small group of makers. So these shouldn't really be blamed directly on the auto manufacturer.

And remember, the R8 had the highest specific output (100 HP / litre) of any naturally-asprirated production car when it was introduced. It's impressive that the engine is so drivable and reliable.

Just my $0.02 worth!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts