Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys (and girls hopefully)

Do floor mats come with the car as standard? If not will the dealers have R8 mats in stock? Best I order before delivery?

Got me thinking when I saw an R8 with beige carpets and no mats!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Guys (and girls hopefully)

Do floor mats come with the car as standard? If not will the dealers have R8 mats in stock? Best I order before delivery?

Got me thinking when I saw an R8 with beige carpets and no mats!

Sure mats are standard.

·
Registered
274 Posts
good question - the cars that i have seen did not have mats- prob taken out for looks.
in any case someone will make aftermarket mats if we don't like the stock ones, but prob too early for aftermarkets still...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Personally I would like them embroided with R8 logo, as they are kind of plain. Ive seen Q7 embroided mats and they look pretty cool!

·
Registered
274 Posts
agree with you...
a couple of club members embroider our mats in the s2000 club
i am sure that someone would do the same for the r8

Personally I would like them embroided with R8 logo, as they are kind of plain. Ive seen Q7 embroided mats and they look pretty cool!

·
Registered
782 Posts
They are plain indeed, but that's cool. I would like the R8 logo om my keys! The key is just a f*cking standard key :(

·
Registered
617 Posts
They are plain indeed, but that's cool. I would like the R8 logo om my keys! The key is just a f*cking standard key :(
You could buy the £100 Audi R8 keyring from r8rob's website

I do think that a nicer / unique key or keyring could have been given with the car.

Although it would not be the best thing to advertise your keys with an R8 logo to any car thieves - matching keys to a car would be very easy if you were pick pocketed when you were out and about. Second thoughts, a standard key is safer !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
you would expect a bespoke key and complimentary alloy key ring/fob at this level, another lesson for Audi if they want to compete in this market.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Much as I would like a bespoke key and complimentary key ring/fob, I think that we have to acknowledge that Audi not only competes in this market but in fact nearly owns it.

The comparable car that comes to mind is the Ferrari 430 which costs $$$$ more...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts