Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to buy R8 SNG ( my initials) for when my car's delivered (hopefully June/July) I also managed to buy R5 SNG for my RS4 - anyone else already arranged a good plate for their new car ?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Looks like the speculators are trying to make a quick killing on R8 plates already. For those in the UK - buy direct from the DVLA for a fraction of the price!

·
Registered
381 Posts
The plate I wanted was available before Xmas, but has gone now. Its R8 and my initials.

Can't understand why its any use to anyone else :( I don't have common initials or anything.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nope its none of them.

I'm thinking perhaps its been "viewed" on the DVLA too many times, and they might have pulled it to put it in auction - most of the intials before it and after it in the list are still available.

I think they use page hits as an indicator as to which registrations to pull for auction. That's what I was told, anyway...

·
Registered
840 Posts
... ... ...
I think they use page hits as an indicator as to which registrations to pull for auction. That's what I was told, anyway...
Also ... if you ever 'enquire' about a specific registration that you can't find through their search facilities ... for example your initials and a number, be it one digit, two, or three ... the actual plate oyu enquired about will 'coincidently' appear at an auction in the coming months ... strange but true!

To give an example a frind brough a 308 Ferrari a few years back ... I know I know, but he liked it ... and he was looking for a 'subtle' private plate ... he couldn't find anything he really liked ... and having searched DVLA relentlessly he decided to contact them about ... XXX 308 R ... where XXX were his initials ... as the registration had never been used before it could be used ... but as it wasn't a 'cherished plate' it had to be put in an auction. Also, having enquired about a couple of XXX NNN plates where XXX were initials meaningful to me and NNN being a suitable number ... two of the plates that were available to purchase also managed to end up in an auction, which DVLA were kind enough to tell me about!

All that said and done ... DVLA is the best place to buy from ... if you can find the plate you are after in their database.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Got a private plate but no need to have R8 in it as it already written on the back of the car :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: R8 number plates = R8RUN

I have this plate on my mercedes sl and am about to sell the car and get something else. If anyone is interested in R8RUN then let me know. TIM:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi iv seen some heavy R8s in the west midlands now, one with a number plate R8 81TCH. Its a prefix registration but very effective on this car. he said he bought it from asian number plate dealers below

check out www.apnaplates.com

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Sounds like you're doing a drive-by sales pitch for your own company:

Domain Name.......... apnaplates.com
Organisation Name.... Baljinder Singh Sandhu

1 - 20 of 37 Posts