Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am some one who makes impulse decisions. 40 years ago I saw a beautiful girl at a dance, nobody spoke to her because she was so stunning and they were affraid of rejection. I went over and told her I was going to marry her so she may as well have a dance with me. She did both.
4 years ago in Feb 2003 I read an article in a magazine about an Audi Lemans being driven down a straight road in (Arizona I think) by someone from the UK.
It had a rev cut out so couls not do more than 4000 revs but the journalist went nuts about the car. I had a friend who owned an Audi Dealers in Stockport and asked him if he would get me on the order list. I paid my money there and then.
Hopefully my car will be in my hands in May 2007, I think I may be one of the first to have ordered one in the North of England UK. I cannot wait to get it on some of the drivers roads in Wales and do a side by side time comparison with my 911 4S. I already know the winner don't you!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
... ... ...
Comment removed ... hardly appropriate ... especially when directed at someone's first post ... and when it raises a message to me regarding the content of the post ... it may have been intended in a humourous manner ... but it hasn't come across as such.
... ... ...

·
Registered
182 Posts
... ... ...
Comment removed ... hardly appropriate ... especially when directed at someone's first post ... and when it raises a message to me regarding the content of the post ... it may have been intended in a humourous manner ... but it hasn't come across as such, even with your 'only joking' comment ... it was still somewhat inappropriate.
... ... ...

·
Registered
274 Posts
very poetic...
cant wait to read your review of the car after you drive it!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
... ... ...
Comment removed ... hardly appropriate ... especially when directed at someone's first post ... and when it raises a message to me regarding the content of the post ... it may have been intended in a humourous manner ... but it hasn't come across as such.
... ... ...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Can everyone please stop asking Ken about his wife ... her looks then and now are completely irrelevant ... it was used as an example of his impulsiveness.

If I was Ken ... I would seriously be questioning whether or not I continue posting on this site.

I think the manner of reply posts to Ken's first ever post are ... "shocking" ... I think is probably about right ... I was certainly surprised by a couple of them.

Please leave Ken's wife out of your posts ... don't ask for photos of her ... or for any kind of details about her ... even if they are meant in a witty manner it is hardly appropriate to the thread ... anything like it (in my eyes) will result in temporary 1 week long bans for any user making such posts.

No one has had the opportunity to build up an understanding of what Ken is like ... or what kind of "banter" he would find acceptable ... for that reason the cautious approach is surely the appropriate one to start with.

I only hope Ken has not been put off from continuing to post on the site ... most of the posts in this forum would hardly engender positive thoughts from Audi either ... if you want to enter into some “banter” ... start a new thread in the off topic section ... but do so with decency as “inappropriate” posts/threads will be deleted!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I am some one who makes impulse decisions. 40 years ago I saw a beautiful girl at a dance, nobody spoke to her because she was so stunning and they were affraid of rejection. I went over and told her I was going to marry her so she may as well have a dance with me. She did both.
Good for you ... no harm in seizing the moment ... nothing ventured, nothing gained.
4 years ago in Feb 2003 I read an article in a magazine about an Audi Lemans being driven down a straight road in (Arizona I think) by someone from the UK.
It had a rev cut out so couls not do more than 4000 revs but the journalist went nuts about the car. I had a friend who owned an Audi Dealers in Stockport and asked him if he would get me on the order list. I paid my money there and then.
Hopefully my car will be in my hands in May 2007, I think I may be one of the first to have ordered one in the North of England UK. I cannot wait to get it on some of the drivers roads in Wales and do a side by side time comparison with my 911 4S. I already know the winner don't you!!!
I'll add you to the list of users with an ordered R8 in this thread ... maybe you'd like to enlighten us with your current spec in here.

I hope you'll enjoy looking round the site ... and I hope you haven't been put off by the earlier posts in this thread ... may I be the first to publicly say ... "Welcome to the site!"

·
Registered
617 Posts
100% behind you Paul,

We all like a bit of banter but it takes weeks and months to have an understanding of our fellow R8 enthusiasts. I hope that this does not put ken off the site and may I say I think it is great to have someone of lets say his years who is prepared to share his thoughts with us. Some day we will all hope to be appeciated in the same way.

·
Registered
782 Posts
With all respect to Ken, and his wife. But I don't get it.

If I was him I would laugh about the comments on his post. And I would even post the picture of my wife in my R8.

But maybe that's my humour?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thank you for your kind comments guys much appreciated. Hope to be a useful contributor. I have been in love with cars almost as much as the now infamous Mrs Murray! Always a bit quirky though, Lotus Carlton 550bhp which I successfully hillclimbed and sprinted Wonder if the R8 can cut it in the hillclimb road class?? As a 60 year old recently retired from Rallying (not life- yet) sold the EVO and look for comfort in a car - the Porsche C4S is not that but as it is the wife's daily transport I only take it for an occasional blast. In other forums there are questions on which engine for the R8. I know it goes against every sinue in my body to say this but a good diesel with 600+ foot lbs of torque would be awesome as cross country machine. Wouldn't mind being a careful test driver in that one. The R8 trick suspension will give me the comfort - looking forward to testng it's pace.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thank you for your kind comments guys much appreciated. Hope to be a useful contributor. I have been in love with cars almost as much as the now infamous Mrs Murray! Always a bit quirky though, Lotus Carlton 550bhp which I successfully hillclimbed and sprinted Wonder if the R8 can cut it in the hillclimb road class?? As a 60 year old recently retired from Rallying (not life- yet) sold the EVO and look for comfort in a car - the Porsche C4S is not that but as it is the wife's daily transport I only take it for an occasional blast. In other forums there are questions on which engine for the R8. I know it goes against every sinue in my body to say this but a good diesel with 600+ foot lbs of torque would be awesome as cross country machine. Wouldn't mind being a careful test driver in that one. The R8 trick suspension will give me the comfort - looking forward to testng it's pace.
:)

Another rallydriver. I had an EVO6 Group N and Group A.

Hope you'll have your R8 soon, enjoy!

·
Registered
90 Posts

If I was him I would laugh about the comments on his post. And I would even post the picture of my wife in my R8.

Wow, laughing at comments yeah, but posting a picture of your wife:eek: , I dont think that is appropriate in any way, shape, or form.

·
Registered
840 Posts

Wow, laughing at comments yeah, but posting a picture of your wife:eek: , I dont think that is appropriate in any way, shape, or form.
I think this just highlights the ... problem is the wrong word ... but its the best word I can think of ... that is encountered due to the difference in peoples humour ... which also varies considerably between countries and continents.

·
Registered
182 Posts

totaly agree there was nothing wrote with any malace i think they seem to be blowing this all out of proportion but ken i do appologise i did write in my post only joking plus i was only answering a previous post what about all these sex posts that keep coming up wouldn't new members be more bothered about these ??

·
Registered
128 Posts
.......and may I say I think it is great to have someone of "lets say, 'his years'".......
Great, now a bit of "ageism" in addition!

Guys, I'm probably older than 'Ken', likely so is my wife; does that mean we are excluded from enjoying our supercars?
Perhaps we need to trade our 500+ HP Ferraris and buy Buicks?
Last week @ LVMS, my wife did 14 laps in 2 R8's and kept up with the rest of the 'guys' just fine, only once putting it in the marbles (she caught it just fine).

Whatever happened to "engage thought process before putting mouth in gear"?

James&Caroline (people of a certain age...)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Great, now a bit of "ageism" in addition!

Guys, I'm probably older than 'Ken', likely so is my wife; does that mean we are excluded from enjoying our supercars?
Perhaps we need to trade our 500+ HP Ferraris and buy Buicks?
Last week @ LVMS, my wife did 14 laps in 2 R8's and kept up with the rest of the 'guys' just fine, only once putting it in the marbles (she caught it just fine).

Whatever happened to "engage thought process before putting mouth in gear"?

James&Caroline (people of a certain age...)

I'm sure the humour is different in different countries. But hey, this post is my humour!

Nothing wrong with this picture. I always love 'wifes' in super- of sportscars. you have to see that more often!

·
Registered
782 Posts
totaly agree there was nothing wrote with any malace i think they seem to be blowing this all out of proportion but ken i do appologise i did write in my post only joking plus i was only answering a previous post what about all these sex posts that keep coming up wouldn't new members be more bothered about these ??
I apologize also when someone feels offended, but I'll post a picture of my wife in my R8 when I have the chance.

And yes, all those sexposts, now that annoys me! But I also understand that its sometimes difficult to keep up with the deletion of it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts