Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new here - writing from Hungary. It was a real surprise to find this forum.

My R8 will come in almost 3 months. I've placed deposit in November 2007, expected production on week 10, delivery end of March.

Ordered black (carbon sideblades) with full leather black interior, carbon trim and carbon engine covers. R-tronic, since my wife would never drive a manual... Still thinking on colour though - we may switch to ibis white with CF. I like it.

DOes anyone have the white/carbon combination ? I have not found pictures in the gallery, just a few on other sites. Your colour poll also did not include a lot of white cars...

Another question : do you really see the difference between leather dashboard and normal version ? I had no chance to compare side-by-side.

Thanks, have a nice day.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have white/carbon being delivered on Monday. You can be sure I'll be posting numerous photos... not only my own amateur efforts, but a couple of friends (one of whom is an excellent car photographer) is going to do some shots for me too (well, for him really...) You can see his work at http://www.deanphoto.co.uk/

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi, I am new here - writing from Hungary. It was a real surprise to find this forum.

Another question : do you really see the difference between leather dashboard and normal version ? I had no chance to compare side-by-side.

Thanks, have a nice day.

I had extended leather fitted and it does make difference, particularly with the door facings, if you also add alacanatra roof lining the overall finish is as good as an Aston Martin who are reknown for their leather / interior finish (shame about the car :D :D :D )

·
Registered
104 Posts
DOes anyone have the white/carbon combination ?
Another question : do you really see the difference between leather dashboard and normal version ? .
Ibis with Full Enhanced Black Nappa, Full CF (Side Blades, Enlgine, Interior, B&O Sound, Prem Pkg, NAV, R-Tronic. The Full Enhanced Leather is a huge difference when compared to the standard leather. Photo was taken during the SEMA Show in Las Vegas in November 07. The wheels are SDS 1-pc 20" forged with gunmetal centers and ARE FOR SALE/ NEVER RUN.

·
Registered
172 Posts

My R8 will come in almost 3 months. I've placed deposit in November 2007, expected production on week 10, delivery end of March.

Ordered black (carbon sideblades) with full leather black interior, carbon trim and carbon engine covers. R-tronic, since my wife would never drive a manual... Still thinking on colour though - we may switch to ibis white with CF. I like it.

DOes anyone have the white/carbon combination ? I have not found pictures in the gallery, just a few on other sites. Your colour poll also did not include a lot of white cars...

Thanks, have a nice day.

wow I guess my car is gonna be built next to yours, I ordered mine on the same month and it should be here at the same time, same color and options too accept I ordered the brown interior :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies.
I still have not decided if I change black/CF to white/CF, but all the pics I see about white with carbon look beautiful. The lines and broken surfaces are much more noticable on the white one. In the meantime I found a site with a lot of good pics, even on white/CF (http://www.leftlanenews.com/audi-r8.html). Good thing is that I found one I can take a look at tomorrow. Luckily the vendor just hands over a white full spec tomorrow evening. I can compare it to Daytona Grey / CF.
I hope any change will not delay production date.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Same here. ETA april/may. I am so excited. I ordered mine in Phantom Black with Lava Grey blades. All options and extended leather. I'll be buying CF trim once I get the car.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have seen the White with a bit of bug strike. Prepare to always have a cloth at hand

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am going to need those cleaning clothes. I have changed spec today - going for white with carbon sideblades. We are also organizing a visit to the production plant. This is possible for all, the vendor now is trying to pick the exact date when my car is on the production line. It's somewhere on week 10.

·
Registered
183 Posts
offroad911: Who is the fat guy in the whte shrit standing next to you?

SK1: I'd go with black/carbon... but it dosen't really matter as the
AUDI R8 LOOKS GREAT IN ANY COLOR!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I guess a lot of people here are getting their R8 in March. I will be getting mine in the last week of March too. Black with lava gray side blades and brown interior/piano black trim. Anyone else have piano black trim? I don't think i've seen/heard of anyone with it. Just curious if I'm the only one or if i'm gonna be hearing from my dealer soon telling me I can't get it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I guess a lot of people here are getting their R8 in March. I will be getting mine in the last week of March too. Black with lava gray side blades and brown interior/piano black trim. Anyone else have piano black trim? I don't think i've seen/heard of anyone with it. Just curious if I'm the only one or if i'm gonna be hearing from my dealer soon telling me I can't get it.
piano black is very classy, not alot of people like it because its very plain, but with the right color combo it would look nice, I personaly opted for the carbon interior to match the engine and exterior, Ive seen pictures of it before if u look around on the net im sure you'll find one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts