Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all this is my first time posting on this site. I live in the states and would like to know if people are paying over sticker for 2009 r8. My dealer wants to charge 20k over MSRP is this normal or a rip off he also stated it would get here Jan of 2009 only 6 month wait.

Thanks in advance...:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, this is my first posting as well. Great site here!

I placed my deposit on a 2009 R8 V10 model with a delivery date of January as well.

I will be paying above MSRP; the price you pay for loving cars I guess. I was told the V10 model is sold out for USA and I was lucky to get one of the new ones to arrive in January.

Not sure if I want it anymore though, I may give it up.... my good buddy of mine has a 2008 model and looking to sell, I can't wait any longer, plus V8 will do me just fine.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hello, this is my first posting as well. Great site here!

I while back, I placed my deposit on a 2009 R8 V10 model with a confirmed delivery date of January 2009 as well.

I will be paying $25K above MSRP; the price you pay for loving cars I guess. I was told the V10 model is sold out for USA and I was lucky to get one of the new ones to arrive in January 2009.

Not sure if I want it anymore though, I may give it up...
You may want to double check that. The V10 hasn't even been announced, so it's impossible to order, let alone get a delivery date. I highly doubt they will be ready for January 2009. I'm guessing March at the earliest. As for it being sold out, that's not true as they aren't even for sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You may want to double check that. The V10 hasn't even been announced, so it's impossible to order, let alone get a delivery date. I highly doubt they will be ready for January 2009. I'm guessing March at the earliest. As for it being sold out, that's not true as they aren't even for sale.
I have an allocation already lined up. If you want to talk to my dealer, I can put you in touch with him to confirm.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Ask him what the cost and specs of the V10. I think he's misleading you. You may have allocation for an R8, but I doubt it's in Audis bank as a V10. Just simply allocation and hoping that the V10 will be available when the time comes.

I just asked my dealer last week about the V10 and he said that Audi hasn't given them any info on availability. I'm on a list with 4 others, but it's nothing more than a list of people with deposits.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ask him what the cost and specs of the V10. I think he's misleading you. You may have allocation for an R8, but I doubt it's in Audis bank as a V10. Just simply allocation and hoping that the V10 will be available when the time comes.

I just asked my dealer last week about the V10 and he said that Audi hasn't given them any info on availability. I'm on a list with 4 others, but it's nothing more than a list of people with deposits.
I'm pretty sure it is the V10 since this is a special favor from an "insider."
I strictly said V10 when we made the deal.

But I'll double-check and make sure. Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a deposit down on the V10 but there is no specified date for delivery and I also got a letter from Audi UK after placing the deposit saying there was no information/confirmation on the car. Think this is just them legally protecting themselves. I would be surprised if your dealer told you a delivery date though, Im very good friends with the guy Im now dealing with and he doesnt know...
If you can get info tho then spill to all of us!!... :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have to agree with those that doubt that a dealer can promise a delivery date for a v10 at this time. I have spoken to a number of dealers and insiders and there are no allocations confirmed at this time, no pricing, and no delivery dates (at least as it applies to USA).

As to the original question of paying 20K over msrp for a delivery in 6 months, I would say that if you like the car 20k is not unreasonable IF the dealer can deliver in 6 months. Tell him you will pay 20k over for that delivery date but if he misses the delivery then he should sell it to you at msrp. Time is money.

·
Registered
30 Posts
On my deposit confirmation 2 1/2 years ago for R8, and last year for W12, and then later the possible V10, I wrote at "MSRP", had them initial, and the dealer is abiding by that.
In 2-3 weeks, my vehicle will be delivered at sticker.

I suggest same wording for anyone making a deposit. I also asked what # I was for that slot, and had that written on rcpt.

On the original R8 deposit, seems the salesman had multiple #5's, so I smarted up for the possible 12, and 10 lists.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Which dealer is offering R8 at MSRP in the US?

How much interest rate is everyone getting if they were to finance, maybe half the cost of the car? How much per month payment?

Anyone here paid $109k for the car here?

Lastly, where is the For-sale section on this forum?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Which dealer is offering R8 at MSRP in the US?

How much interest rate is everyone getting if they were to finance, maybe half the cost of the car? How much per month payment?

Anyone here paid $109k for the car here?

Lastly, where is the For-sale section on this forum?
The majority of dealers offer MSRP if you wait in line.

Interest, in the US, is probably the same as pretty much every auto loan. No special deals on R8's, so I'm guessing about 6%.

Most people here paid that price to start, but a typical car has $20K in options. You won't be able to get one for $109K anymore though. MSRP went up $3500, so it's $112,500 now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The car won't even be announced to the world until October. Who knows when USA will get it. Probably fall of '09.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The majority of dealers offer MSRP if you wait in line.

Interest, in the US, is probably the same as pretty much every auto loan. No special deals on R8's, so I'm guessing about 6%.

Most people here paid that price to start, but a typical car has $20K in options. You won't be able to get one for $109K anymore though. MSRP went up $3500, so it's $112,500 now.
I called a dealer a month ago, he told me 2 years, some said 18 months. But they can get me one soon depending on how much I want to pay. I have a feeling that wait list will be shorter than 2 years, I am asking people here to see if that prediction is correct....

·
Registered
482 Posts
The dealer I'm ordering through will get it to me by the end of this year. MSRP for 2009 model. I was on the list for 18 mos.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts