Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
unfort theres only one real moderator, and hes not able to participate as he would like to at the mom... (and again.. who the ... is ekool? ;) )

but thanks anyway for the movie.. lots of new members here anyway, which might not want to scroll through all the historical "but brilliant" threads from the past...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Great video, did notice that the side blades look very easy change and replace, previous posts speculated about high costs and great difficulty in changing blades. Well imho this now looks a piece of cake......:) :) :) :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Great video, did notice that the side blades look very easy change and replace, previous posts speculated about high costs and great difficulty in changing blades. Well imho this now looks a piece of cake......:) :) :) :)
When I was there they told me a complete swap (so remove two blades and install 2 new blades) will take about 40 minutes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
which color for SB would you buy for a phantomblack car.. you know for the sunday drive?? :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
which color for SB would you buy for a phantomblack car.. you know for the sunday drive?? :D
My initial order was a black with oxygen :)

Later on I saw the Daytona in person. I liked it so much I changed my order.

So on a black, oxygen please :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you have a carbon engine bay liner, then you must compliment it with carbon sideblades as well. Will look good on either Phantom black or Daytona grey.

·
Registered
564 Posts
sry guys.. i meant it in another way.. I have phantomblack with oxygen.. and theres no doubt about that combo..

BUT - what I meant was.. for the sunday drive.. maybe to get some new pair of SBs e.g. in GOLD?.. or dark red metallic??

·
Registered
617 Posts
sry guys.. i meant it in another way.. I have phantomblack with oxygen.. and theres no doubt about that combo..

BUT - what I meant was.. for the sunday drive.. maybe to get some new pair of SBs e.g. in GOLD?.. or dark red metallic??
Graduated dark metallic red to phantom black would be :cool: :cool: :cool:

Gold:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Save that one for the Miami strip

·
Registered
126 Posts
Its not the changing of the blades that is the difficult part, its the correct aligning of the blades thats tricky, quite fine tolerances of the gaps to get both sides perfectly even, trust me i know....

·
Registered
782 Posts

Red??? :eek: :eek: Gold??? :eek: :eek:

Chris are you outta your mind :D :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
come on.. for a nice sunday.. just to spice things up.. what else would run with black.. maybe "chrome"?? or a lambo color.. orange or whatever.. need to think about that bit more.. ;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
come on.. for a nice sunday.. just to spice things up.. what else would run with black.. maybe "chrome"?? or a lambo color.. orange or whatever.. need to think about that bit more.. ;)
I did like the silver carbon's very much. That will definitely be cool. But that would be cool also for the whole week :p

Maybe someone could develop transparant blades? :eek: :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
I did like the silver carbon's very much. That will definitely be cool. But that would be cool also for the whole week :p

Maybe someone could develop transparant blades? :eek: :D
yeah why not transparent.. but I dont think there is much nice to see behind them... but if we couuld see some hints of the air intakes or a glimps from the engine bay.. just from another angle.. then transparent would be very welcome... (rinspeeds 2007 concept was developed to be as transparent as possible.. so materials are around)...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts