Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has purchased the R8 puddle lights (logo displayed on the ground)? I noticed there are the obvious sellers on EBay from China. I haven’t checked my local dealer for pricing, but wondering the forum’s thoughts on this addition? Seems to add a bit of flare and show to the car and a reasonable addition. The R8 logo on eBay looks pretty good. I am sure the life of these as compared to direct thru Audi is less, but even if needing to be replace 2x per year still seems better than direct? Anyone have experience and feedback with adding the puddle lights to the R8?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I've got some ebay ones and so far after about a year they are doing fine. As you say, though, they don't have the life of the OE ones but are a fraction of the price.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Bought off Ebay and still working, nobody has mentioned the life of the OEM ones! OEM cost is ridiculous so go with Ebay and buy 3 sets for spares.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. Done and done. Looks to be a mod worth the $25. I purchased a 4 pack and install looks plug and play also. Easy mod!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Tell your wife I’m sorry for being a bad influence! And, let her know I’m on the lookout for more expensive modifications
those are the ones i'm waiting for. strange thing is I have owned several highly modified corvettes and her thought was when I got the R8 I wouldn't be needing to add any mod's. seems sometimes they just don't get it, if it's there change it, if it breaks fix it better, seems pretty simple.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Tell your wife I’m sorry for being a bad influence! And, let her know I’m on the lookout for more expensive modifications
those are the ones i'm waiting for. strange thing is I have owned several highly modified corvettes and her thought was when I got the R8 I wouldn't be needing to add any mod's. seems sometimes they just don't get it, if it's there change it, if it breaks fix it better, seems pretty simple.
Yeah, same here. You bought a $100K+ car, so this time, there won’t be any mods. (I modded both of my last 2 Audi’s to the max). Also I’ve heard this “If you’re not looking for deals you can’t find them”.

In my house they’re called #carparts, and there’s no room in the garage because of them.

As far as the puddle lights go, I did the OEM Audi Sport ones. Love them.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Hi, I have the genuine '4 rings' ones. My dealer actually installed them for free as a favour because they damaged my car while it was being serviced. I had Ebay ones prior to that and they would last 5 seconds.
Because my car has the original 'wide' plugs my dealer had to look high and low to find a set. I think I got the last set in existence in Australia. I believe the extra coin for the genuine ones is worth it! Unless the Ebay ones have got better I wouldn't bother with them.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have the Ebay ones. Had them on my previous R8s as well. Super cheap but work as expected and have yet to have any issues with failure or loss of luster. For the price, I just buy two sets, which come with four lights per set, so I have enough for four cars. If one does burn out, I will just swap in a new one. It takes 10 seconds.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
I have the Ebay ones. Had them on my previous R8s as well. Super cheap but work as expected and have yet to have any issues with failure or loss of luster. For the price, I just buy two sets, which come with four lights per set, so I have enough for four cars. If one does burn out, I will just swap in a new one. It takes 10 seconds.
I'm with you all the way on this, the R8 puddle lights from ebay are superb and cheap enough to buy enough sets to last a lifetime.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts