Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to this, so may get the protocol wrong.
To clarify - I don't have a R8, I think I'm about to buy one.
I was asking the local Audi dealership about the possible problem with water entering air intakes. Salesman said there is a general recall for this problem at the moment. Does anyone know more about it?
Any comments appreciated
Cheers

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
No leaks yet.Or recalls. Converted your washer bottle to injection tank? Mate.If it gets hotter you can spray the r:Dadiators too!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
There is no recall on the R8. There have been some TSB's, but not sure if any of them address water getting into the air intakes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you v much for your comments.
Interesting why the Audi salesman said there was :confused:
uuummm.
cheers

·
Registered
718 Posts
Thank you v much for your comments.
Interesting why the Audi salesman said there was :confused:
uuummm.
cheers

One thing you will unfortunately find is that the dealers don't know as much as they should.

There is a lot of very useful information on this forum. However, if you really want to get to the bottom of it, Audi UK have a dedicated team dealing with R8 customers, both in terms of supply of vehicles, problems and other matters.

Published contact details are:-

Kirsty Macpherson 01908 601749
Bev Holloway 01908 601107

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
One thing you will unfortunately find is that the dealers don't know as much as they should.

There is a lot of very useful information on this forum. However, if you really want to get to the bottom of it, Audi UK have a dedicated team dealing with R8 customers, both in terms of supply of vehicles, problems and other matters.

Published contact details are:-

Kirsty Macpherson 01908 601749
Bev Holloway 01908 601107
We have similar contacts in the US, the "R8 Advocate Team."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts