Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the front and or rear rotors on an RS6 and an R8 the same? Offsets?
I'd like to see a NON-HOLED rotor produced for these cars......

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I have a RS6 saloon (2009) and a R8 on the drive, I pretty sure the RS6 rotors are slightly bigger, I guess this is due to the extra 500 odd Kgs the brakes have to stop on the RS6. I'll check when I get home and let you know.:)

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Are the front and or rear rotors on an RS6 and an R8 the same? Offsets?
I'd like to see a NON-HOLED rotor produced for these cars......
Me too! After about 8 2-day track events, I had lots of spider web cracks coming off the holes, so I had to replace them already. Full race pads and braking from 160 mph at Daytona really did them in. Even with my Audi Club discount, they were still around $400 USD each. Ouch!!

I was also surprised how heavy they are. My bathroom scale said they weigh 23.5 pounds each. They were very easy ro replace however, didn't even have to remove the pads from the calipers.

mt

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Great, I'll give them a try for sure, as long as they fit properly. Do you know if they will have the air vanes in the proper direction on both sides, unlike the OEM part?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They should. I should tell you the sory about when the rotors were mounted backwards - essentially mimicking one side of the R8 setup - on my 514HP/2650 lb Porsche 930. Boiled the fluid at 150 MPH.

I can't believe they'd save $ by using the same rotor for both sides on a $100,000 car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
OK, standard R8 front discs are 365x34mm, whereas the C6 RS6 is 390x36mm (or the ceramics are 420x40 :eek:).

For the rears, the R8 are 356x32mm, and the RS6 are 356x28 (for the iron or ceramics)

HTH

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
This takes the cake...Two of my rotors have vanes running in wrong direction?? Maybe I won't notice this while performing but how about the visual impressed on my brain .

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
380MM full floating aluminum hat rotors avail for the R8 - stock is 365mm and the 380 set comes with the requisite 7.5 mm spacer kit.

Under 1400 bucks for the front setup -

1 - 15 of 15 Posts