Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys!

I know it's possible to do RWD conversions on the previous generation R8 and Gallardos. But how is it with the new ones? Is it possible to do it as easy as before or are you going to have problems with the electronics or stuff like that?
Have anyone done it?
Have been searching online for a while without any luck.

Would like to have a RWD R8 but the market with good spec R8 RWS over here in Europe are not so good ATM, especially not in Sweden.

Best regards,
Alexander

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We can supply you with the hardware, that is the easy part.

You will need someone to code the electronics to RWD.

Okey! What systems will need to be coded? Can a ”regular” tuner manage this?
The only physical work that’s needed are to take out the driveshaft, diff and front axles and install the new hardware right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump!

So what I understand the differential is electronic in the gen 2 and it can send up to 100% of the power to the rear. Does anyone know if it’s possible to make it rwd with just coding?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Trying to put life in this thread again.
Someone has now done it on a Huracan and he has a switch in the car to change between AWD and RWD. Does anyone know how to do this or how to get in contact with this guy? I want to try this on my R8..

Don’t know if the link works in the US. Check out Hyperdrive on Netflix, episode 2 around 11:30 minutes in.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I saw that, it’s a haldex switch, shouldn’t be too crazy

·
Registered
262 Posts
That switch would be very helpful to warm up the tires during 1/4 mile runs at the drag strip

·
Registered
262 Posts
I know TTRS are FWD based cars but the switch might be similar , I'll look into it as my friend has one on his TTRS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts