Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a fun day at Roebling Road my local track . Was able to consistently run 1:18’s on sport cup 2’s , I’m more and more impressed with how this car handles with minimal mods and hitting 162 gps on the straight is incredible. Was able to keep up with a 911 GT-1 race car on new slicks in the corners .

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Brilliant. They are so much better on track than I expected.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great to see the cars out on track, lot's of late apexes on that circuit.
It looks simple but being fast at this track is actually pretty tough , takes some stones to apex at mid 90’ to 100 in those fast corners and the slower late apex turn are easy to mess up !

·
Vendor
272 Posts
Great stuff! Looks like an absolute blast!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great video. Thanks for posting. I noticed on your YouTube you have or had a GT350R. I have one that is my track car. I also have an R8 RWS. I have not taken it to the track yet. Hopefully in 2020.

What mods have you done for the track other than wheels and tires?

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What camera you using ....and the overlay comes from where? I’m oblivious to this..lol
It’s an AIM solo DL data logger hooked up to the HD AIM SmartyCAM . It can automatically pull data from the car and logger to generate the overlays into the video .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great video. Thanks for posting. I noticed on your YouTube you have or had a GT350R. I have one that is my track car. I also have an R8 RWS. I have not taken it to the track yet. Hopefully in 2020.

What mods have you done for the track other than wheels and tires?

Thanks!
I have MCS shocks , BBS FIR, Kline Inconel exhaust and the APR tune to get me to full power .The RWS is much more challenging to drive fast than the 350R at greater than 8/10ths as it is a truly Neutral setup and tends towards oversteer on corner entry .

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have MCS shocks , BBS FIR, Kline Inconel exhaust and the APR tune to get me to full power .The RWS is much more challenging to drive fast than the 350R at greater than 8/10ths as it is a truly Neutral setup and tends towards oversteer on corner entry .
Thanks for the response. I also have the Kline exhaust which is awesome! What are you using for brake pads?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts