Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That Porsche out braked you otherwise he would not have passed you. His lines were not as good as yours.
He would not have passed me at all if i had not pulled out on track from the pits when he was coming behind me . He was holding me up in turn 1 and 2 every lap. It was a DE not a race so i lifted early and didn't ride up on him . But i would hope it could out brake the stock pads on the R8.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The R8 runs cool as a cucumber on track! I’ve been thoroughly impressed by the cooling capacity of this car when run at full boil for extended periods. One cool down lap and I see normal temps by the time I hit the paddock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
There is a list of things you need for the track posted many years ago by Desparado. I found it to be very helpful.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Look out for high or wet kerbs, barriers and anything else solid that you might hit ( sorry couldn't resist ). Have a great day and enjoy your R8 to the maximum.
Lol that’s the hope. Rubber side down all day! Lol. Guess that’s easier in a car to do and you can still bin it! (Coming from Moto background)

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Lol that’s the hope. Rubber side down all day! Lol. Guess that’s easier in a car to do and you can still bin it! (Coming from Moto background)
Me too, used to do moto training and always said keep the black bits on the bottom and the coloured bits on top, change that order and it's going to hurt and cost money too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
There is a list of things you need for the track posted many years ago by Desparado. I found it to be very helpful.
@mngolfer had my HPDE with ACNA this weekend. It was so much fun and i learned so much. Whats actually really ironic is Bill was my instructor. I think that is Desperado. hahaha. He was great though. Gave me a lot of confidence in what i was doing out there. Ill post pics shortly.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Bill is GREAT and what an instructor. He will keep you safe while you have the most fun possible.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Any more info on these brakes? Full carbon ceramic upgrade?
I'm getting a custom kit for the R8 420mm all around with Carbon rotor specific calipers and pads. Its manufactured differently than OEM and is essentially compressed sheets of carbon fiber under great heat and pressure to become a solid rotor. So the rotor is not surface dependent like the factory CCB's and much more durable. I'm excited to try it out as the brakes are the only part of the car that I have been disappointed in.
G

·
Registered
96 Posts
The carbon ceramics are awesome, amazing stopping power.
They do tend to trigger the ABS rather easily, although I have crappy OEM Pirelli's so hopefully the excellent Michelin PS Cup 2's will balance them.
Did the Motul RBF 660 fluid offer any improvement?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bill is GREAT and what an instructor. He will keep you safe while you have the most fun possible.
couldnt agree with you more...it was def a ton of fun and i learned so much
The carbon ceramics are awesome, amazing stopping power.
They do tend to trigger the ABS rather easily, although I have crappy OEM Pirelli's so hopefully the excellent Michelin PS Cup 2's will balance them.
Did the Motul RBF 660 fluid offer any improvement?
i did notice this a few times going in a bit hot into some corners.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts