Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys just to update you on a few things..

Audi will tell you there is a "special recovery service" in place for the R8.. that's a lie ! don't believe me call the Audi Recovery service like I did last night and they will send out the RAC ! The RAC guy turned up and said "what the hell is that I have never even seen one before let a loan know how to check the oil" MMM not good ok what shall I do . on the advice of the RAC guy . Get the car picked up on a lorry , ok lets do that. one hour later the truck turns up. WOW what a car the driver said but NO WAY can I take it .
1. its to low to get on the lorry
2. its worth to much .
3. we don't have a secure lock up (I was told they did) And someone will steal my Lorry with the car on the back of it...

So off he went ...
At this time I was meant to be djing in the night club . I thenCalled the "special recovery service" again and said you better get this sorted I cant leave the car here tonight .. 2 hours later another lorry rolls up (from a private local company) they inform me they can take the car lock it up over night and drop of first thing to Audi Southend ...
By this time is has cost me £2,000 in loss of earnings (2 gigs I could not do) Another £200 in taxi`s to send my girl home to Dover and myself home to Southend ..
NOW THIS IS BAD ENOUGH- DON'T YOU THINK GUYS ?

I get up at 9am to call my local dealer .. Tell them the whole story .
I even got to speak to Rob from this Forum who is a great guy by the way.
He informed me that theere was meant to be a "special recovery service" in place and a special fleet of RS4`s on stand by to get out to R8 owners 24/7 352 days a year ..
By this time i`m not happy at all .... So my first weekend that I had planned to show of my £93,000 "Every Day" super car is now Down the drain.

At this point customer services get involved they call me and ask what has gone on.. I tell them the story OH MY GOD WAS THE REPLY. Do you have a car now Mr Anderson she asked . NO was my reply this was 12 hours after I called the "special recovery service". Ok we need to get you into a RS4 ASAP to get you mobile. 20 mins later I get a phone call to say we have found a RS4 but we cant get it to you till MONDAY As we don't have a driver, BUT we would pay for you to get a Taxi to pick up the car yourself .. ITS BLOODY 2 HOURS AWAY IN A TAXI.. I told them NO you call up Southend Audi and get one of there guys to get in a bloody Taxi .. so she did .. Southend Audi told her they were to busy to do that for me !!! At this point I called Southend Audi and asked what the hell was going on , I was told they were to busy but had a nice A6 for me ! OH THANKS . At that point I gave up I had been on the phone for 3 hours trying to get a car sorted. That's when I rented the F430 spider . Audi has cost me £5826.25 !

10 mins ago I rang the "special recovery service" and asked if there was any such thing in place .. the reply was " I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT "
So the fact is IF YOU WERE TO BREAK DOWN IN YOUR R8 RIGHT NOW YOUR IN ****.
Find out for your self and call 0800 699 999 and ask them about the "special recovery service" for the R8.:eek:

I must add Audi did give me a Mobile Number for a R8 guy who was meant to be in charge of the R8 Recovery but no Answer ... ??!!! (i tried tocall him first)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sounds like you are having a bad time.

As far as I'm aware this is the first major problem with an R8. A few punctured tyres is the only issue other members have had.

Another forum member has had great fun driving to Monaco and back with no problems.

I think you are just unlucky to have had a car wioth a few problems. BUT that is not an excuse for the lacklustre response.

If you are truly pissed off, then ring Audi on the main Milton Keynes number and ask to speak to Jeremy Hicks, Audi UK's marketing director.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rob do you have that main Milton Keynes number ?
I will indeed be talking to Jeremy. Today i have wrote a 5 page letter of complaint !
All cars will have issues thats not what i so pissed about but as you put it the lacklustre response.

Scott

·
Registered
782 Posts
Rob do you have that main Milton Keynes number ?
I will indeed be talking to Jeremy. Today i have wrote a 5 page letter of complaint !
All cars will have issues thats not what i so pissed about but as you put it the lacklustre response.

Scott
What happend to your R8? Wasn't it driveable anymore?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Scott,

You bought your car at 1,500 miles, Do you know the history of it ???

Was it some speculator who did not run it in at all, but thrashed it to bits instead and then sold it at a profit ??

If so, it's not exactly Audi's fault.

It's just a thought.............

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi guys will have to be quick as in spain..
First off ... Forget about the first owner killing the car this was NOT the case .. in fact Audi done the hand over for him themselfs , Gardiff Audi assured me that this guy was the real deal and safe to buy from , he buys 30 cars at a time for his fleet from audi. I have spoke to the guy and he has offered my money back if im not happy..
Southend Audi have confirmed there is nothing to surgest the car was not run in properly not even Audi are trying to use this as an excuse but seems a few on here are !
The car had done 1,100 miles when i picked her up..
1,500 Miles in 2 weeks , thats nothing the guy lived in Gardiff i live in Essex , 400 mile round trip. He brought the car over to me so i could check her out . 400 miles - a week later i went to gardiff to pick her up another 400 miles 800 done ... many of you dont have your car yet but when you do get her , you´ll be driving her all the time so them miles just add up ;).

Update so far with my car Not good news ..

Looks like the gear box has got to come out if it needs a new one we dont Know yet !

Other parts on order ,
New DVD for sat nav (was running slow & not doing post codes)
seat belt housing (this was the knocking)
New set off clocks (part of them where not finished properly in the factory ,i never noticed this they did).
New rear speaker (faulty)

Now some how i dont think all these other things are down to the first owner . ? maybe i have the bad apple !
we will see when more people get the cars .. i really do love the R8 so lets hope it is that every day sports car as thats why i brough her.

By the way i hated the ferrari its now gone back .

In the mean time they are sending another R8 to meet from the airport on Thursday .

scott

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sounds like a last shift-Friday afternoon car.

Hopefully they will fix it all for you quickly..........

I trust they will ensure you have an R8 to meet you. Fingers crossed !

I don't think much of Ferrari either. Never had one, but a friend buys a new one every year, so I get to drive it if I want to.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha that would be just my luck Rob.
Audi are all over this and wanting to know why the hell the RAC never had the recovery in place. 100% a R8 will be waiting for me at the airport.

But i want my baby back ha ha..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
My car is still in Audi nothing much to report ,
They have changed the gear box oil but this has not fixed the stiff gear changes , next they want to take the cultch out to see if there is a problem with that.

I´m yold a R8 will be waiting for me at the airport when i arrive tomorrow back in the UK , So i´m happy they have sorted that out.

I´ll keep you posted

scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts