Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the first day at Infineon Race track. Very good class so far. It is really cool to push the R8 to its limits, well I mean my limits. I have yet to get to the cars limits. So we start out running through a slalom set of cones, I run through at a fast speed and feel pretty good not hitting any cones. The instructor says pretty good, now drive it like it’s not yours. That was all I needed to here, it is way more fun pushing someone else’s car. Tomorrow we have a full day of track time. Top speeds today where 105 between turn 6 and 7. The Quattro really feels good on the fading turns. I tell you the driving instructors are great guys, very helpful. I am not an experienced driver, so I really find following the instructors in a lead car lets you drive exactly where you should be in and out of the turns. You get to see the breaking as well. I am really starting to feel the dynamics of the car in all sorts of road conditions. I recommend it thus far. We will be picking up the speeds tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Good for you Mike! I hope you brought your wife along so she can also understand and appreciate her Hawai'ian R8's capabilities!

Hopefully I will see you at one of the SoCal Audi Club events and we can compare notes. www.sccaudi.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is solo. However I will be sending her through it next year. I think it would be cool to race with her. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts