Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, question: The stock R8 wheel looks a little lackluster to my eyes. I prefer the fatter Gallardo "G" wheel. My R8 hits the shores next week and I am thinking of going to a carbon modified wheel, but prefer the Gallardo wheel, which looks strangely like my current RS4 wheel. Does anyone know if Audi makes this kind of wheel for the R8? One would think it would fit, especially since the Gallardo wheel is essentially made by Audi. (It has the logo on the inside) Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I love my P.P.I. steering wheel so much that I feel a little sorry for guys who can't take the next step to the Carbon fibre wheel ! The wheel is pricey...But maybe near the cost of the Gallardo wheel( which is no big deal at all). I will be showing my car and business off March 8th at the Staples center car show.Admission is free.I hope to meet alot of enthusiasts here. I know for sure that one of the Lakers will bring his R 8 and I'm sure mine will blow his away !! (just Kidding!):D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah---the carbon is a "no-brainer" for me too! It really sets off the interior. However, I really dig the fatter wheel. Thus, the Gallardo wheel (And My RS4 wheel have that larger finger grip, especially on the top portion.) Does your PPI have that as well? Would love to see PICS---oh, by the way Harrison, we chose the same color. I have Jet-Blue, Carbon Side-Blades, with custom Magnolia interior. Post your wheel if you get a chance...Thanks!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
See fat portion of wheel at this gallery - R8talk.com or just scroll up to gallery ! The pic you see here is not me. Notice the right hand drive. I didn't think about it much but my wheel is fatter at the top than any of the Lambos I"ve been in lately.But Lambos' wheels sometimes come in alcantara type suede that is sweet.Carbon P.P.I wheel with alcantara ...Yeah. But you don't have charcoal interior like me.My wheel has charcoal leather but I sure wish it had black/charcoal suede.It's like wearing deerskin gloves whenever you are in your '8. The pic is titled R84ME leads harrison.You can enlarge the pic to life size!!!! Is that fat enough? And it fattens even more at the fabrik border.What does the magnolia color resemble ??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very sweet. Dig. I like like it a lot. The carbon fiber offers so much depth. I am going to show my carbon guy this. Charcoal hey? Not bad. Nice contrast. I got black carpet, dash, headliner, etc--but opted for Audi exclusive "mangolia" which has more cream than the exclusive Alabaster. I would describe Magnolia as having an "angtique parchment" color---off white'ish. I have black floor mats with "Magnolia" piping. Did you see "Raptor's" Victoria Blue stitching on his jet-blue/carbon sb car? Pretty sweet. I love everything that you've done to your car except the back wing---but in LA you can pull it off!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts