·
Registered
71 Posts
Weak at best....just my 2 cents :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hmmmmm..........

For those who have seen this ad broadcast during the US superbowl (our football final), what are your impressions ? Did you understand what the message was, and did the ad nail it ?

IMHO, the message was quite off-target, and the visual failed to move me, at all. And they used the wrong product.

I used to do this kind of thing (mega-budget ads) and this one didn't work for me. Maybe it's just me.......

Tell me if this ad will move your friends/acquaintences to buy, or even consider Audi.

I'm embarassed for Audi.....
Tritone

·
Registered
617 Posts
Was it Steve Martin ?

Not quite sure about this as it does not really sell the dream of owning an R8.

Who ever produced this should have looked at the European ads such as the nostalgic "Lemans biography" or the latest "slowest car to be made". These were both excellent concepts that sold a dream.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hmmmmm..........

For those who have seen this ad broadcast during the US superbowl (our football final), what are your impressions ? Did you understand what the message was, and did the ad nail it ?

IMHO, the message was quite off-target, and the visual failed to move me, at all. And they used the wrong product.

I used to do this kind of thing (mega-budget ads) and this one didn't work for me. Maybe it's just me.......

Tell me if this ad will move your friends/acquaintences to buy, or even consider Audi.

I'm embarassed for Audi.....
Tritone
Interesting enough this add was aimed at repeated Porsche 911 buyers. Think about it this way-they buy the same basic(in 993,996,997 etc) design all over again and again... New era is here-R8...

I understand their(AUDI USA) strategy but, here in Europe this add will not work(and in all honesty it is for USA only). Since USA is the biggest market for Porsche 911 it makes sense(kind) to me...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting enough this add was aimed at repeated Porsche 911 buyers. Think about it this way-they buy the same basic(in 993,996,997 etc) design all over again and again... New era is here-R8...

I understand their(AUDI USA) strategy but, here in Europe this add will not work(and in all honesty it is for USA only). Since USA is the biggest market for Porsche 911 it makes sense(kind) to me...
It is very interesting to hear all of your responses as everyone has a different take. Bottom line "Audi" is sending a "message" to the existing leaders of class. As far a the actual spot....I feel it took a little to long to get there, but the grill and oil in the bed and on his hands was funny. Oh by the way how did the N.Y. football Giants win? :confused:

·
Registered
128 Posts

sorry Kreso, I don't buy your assertion. I don't know a single Porsche owner who will identify with a RR grille in bed.....and I know there are some pretty strange Porsche owners!
I understand playing up your halo car (R8) even if you're trying to sell A6 and A8, but the images don't work, even as fantasy. And as others have said, it take way to long get to its point, whatever that may be. Money ill-spent IMHO.
Also IMHO, anyone would does remember this ad in a month or 6, would hardly see it as a positive reason to look at an Audi.
I'll stick with the various Euro ads instead.....

Tritone

·
Registered
439 Posts
Well, I know this . . . . No one at the office today mentioned anything to me about the Super Bowl upset, but several people told me they saw my car on TV during the game and how cool it was. It began with my elevator ride up from the garage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought it was good..took a nice hit at the overpriced italian junk..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts