Registered
564 Posts
1/4 Mile- 12.5 @118 mph
0-60 in 3.7 Seconds
0-100 in 9.9
skidpad .99g

:eek: :D

3.7?

how can this be??... if thats true.. I mean.. eh... I thought its 4. ehm.. well if that really is true.. then we all ought to:

·
Registered
564 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
What a journey :) :) :) :)

Would'nt we all like to have a trip like this, will have to just do a loop of the M25 around London when my one arrives.

Chris, at least you have some fairly exotic scenary to take in - lucky you.

May just have to plan a trip down to the South of France :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
564 Posts
What a journey :) :) :) :)

Would'nt we all like to have a trip like this, will have to just do a loop of the M25 around London when my one arrives.

Chris, at least you have some fairly exotic scenary to take in - lucky you.

May just have to plan a trip down to the South of France :cool: :cool: :cool:
you mean switzerland?
why? because of the numerous beatiful passes we have, and nice lakes, winding roads, green valleys, clean cities and the always nice wheather in the south? :D

well I probably will be doing some run through italy (amalfi coast), of course germany.. Nurburg (its besides the racetrack) the nicest and most quite places I know,.. hockenheim... and I want to do the original montecarlo ralley course... and some other places aswel.. etc etc. ;)

·
Registered
617 Posts
you mean switzerland?
why? because of the numerous beatiful passes we have, and nice lakes, winding roads, green valleys, clean cities and the always nice wheather in the south? :D

well I probably will be doing some run through italy (amalfi coast), of course germany.. Nurburg (its besides the racetrack) the nicest and most quite places I know,.. hockenheim... and I want to do the original montecarlo ralley course... and some other places aswel.. etc etc. ;)
Sounds like a great trip, should plan an R8 rally for next year :) :) :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Beautiful car -though pretty much pointless on a trip like that!
Any Audi sedan would have been more comfortable, handled all of those roads as well (or much better in the snow), equal average speeds and probably would have gotten much better mileage.
The R8 is best reserved for stylish cruising or high performance driving on shorter trips or better yet, the track!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Any Audi sedan would have been more comfortable, handled all of those roads as well (or much better in the snow), equal average speeds and probably would have gotten much better mileage.
The R8 is best reserved for stylish cruising or high performance driving on shorter trips or better yet, the track!
The R8 with magnetic ride will be more comfortable than the S4 setup (damps not very well on long bumps) en especially the RS4 damper setup.

But yes, in the snow it will be a great disadvantage.

For the rest, I'm sure it will be a better every day car than my S4 :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
imho you are wrong.. other side of this R8 coin is, that its a wonderful GT.. I mean this trip should us that its possible to plan a trip with 2 persons for 2-3k miles... and you even have the thrill of putting the pedal to the alu..

its just a matter of taste with what sort of car you want to plan your holiday

but of course its not a car to use on the streets of chennai or the bad streets in hungary with lots of holes etc...

but which car again is.. ;)

then maybe you have to take a chevy blazer, one like the fallguy had.. remember? ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts