·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Jalopnik said:
HDMW:: The Gallardo is the ultimate. Your wife. My wife. This is an Audi for our wives.
Not the most appropriate comment to keep the PR band wagon rolling ... Doh!

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Since the USA doesn't get the R8 until Fall of 2007 I will have a full year to decide... It's either a Gallardo or this.. By than I am sure some people will already have one here or other boards and can report on it personally.

Theres one thing you should think about when getting the R8 - do you have a place to get it serviced if something fucks up? Hell do you even have a place to order one from?

Also every dealership will not qualify to be an R8 selling dealership. You have to meet a sales and service criteria to do so. You also have to put forth the money for the special tools for the car, training for 1-2 technicians and sales staff.
I know my local Audi dealership services Gallardos and is only a few miles away.
Half these dealerships don't even know what a fucken R8 is. They're going to accept your deposite for it and not even know if they can fulfill the order in the end. Some are NON refundable deposites. You best be careful who your giving your deposites too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Since the USA doesn't get the R8 until Fall of 2007 I will have a full year to decide... It's either a Gallardo or this.. By than I am sure some people will already have one here or other boards and can report on it personally.

Theres one thing you should think about when getting the R8 - do you have a place to get it serviced if something fucks up? Hell do you even have a place to order one from?

I know my local Audi dealership services Gallardos and is only a few miles away.
Half these dealerships don't even know what a fucken R8 is. They're going to accept your deposite for it and not even know if they can fulfill the order in the end. Some are NON refundable deposites. You best be careful who your giving your deposites too.
I've sat in a gallardo and rode in a gallardo. Those seats feel like ur sitting on a goddamn wooden chhair. I cant imagine sitting in them for more than 2 minutes. Besides, have you seen the top gear tests of this thing, and not the convertable, the coupe. When comparing it to the ferrari f430 they say that it is complete rubbish. Now if you were trying to decide between an f430 and an R8, I would gladly except defeat for the ferrari is a far superior car, but the gallardo, now thats just silly. Do some research mate!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When is the v10 version of the R8 coming out. But I heard that will cost 200k?

I can't imagine why it would be almost 100k more than the R8 if it only has a bigger engine.

I wonder if it will look different or just have a v10 in the same model.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts