Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have completed the track build (for the most part :) ) of my 2010 R8 V8. Thanks to the following people for helping with this project.

[email protected] Engineering - Thanks Nik for your patience and helping with all the secondary issues arising during our build. It took a bit longer than we hoped but the end results is fantastic so far.
MTM USA - Thanks Jose and Edrick !! You guys are incredible as well as everyone at the shop there. If you ever need your Audi or any supercar worked on by top notch professionals in South Florida then MTM USA & ANSA Motorsports is the place to go.
McCall's Transmission - Ron McCall. Thanks Ron for all your hard work. If you need your R8 trans rebuilt or upgraded - Ron is the guy ! He does incredible work.
HCF Parts - Huge thanks to John @ HCF Parts for getting me all the upgraded parts in such a short period of time. If you are looking to replace, upgrade, or repair your gearbox, clutch, etc. etc - then HCF is the place to go. They have everything you need and their pricing is more than fair.
Versus Engineering - Big Thanks to Eric for putting up with all the back and forth. Versus created this wing that functions and looks fantastic. More to come I hope Eric.
R8 Stuff - Thanks guys (Osman) for all the CF bits and parts. You guys literally have everything.
Thanks as well to Vivid Racing, GMG, Vossen, HiTech Exotic, Foreign Affairs Motorsports, & Wendy @ Race Breaks....
More feedback to follow as we track and keep improving on the car while hopefully maintaining its street ability.

R8 Track 2.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts
A job well done, looks terrific.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Looks great! What are the numbers?

·
Registered
563 Posts
nicely done...congrats!

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Hope to have some data soon. Rains here pretty much every day so may be a while.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Looks great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks spectacular. Sebring in August or Daytona in October? Let's get the VF V8's on the track together! Remind the V10 guys; same bhp, but more torque and 95lbs lighter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks very good, just right amount of racelook for my taste!

Are you going to share more details about this build? I am very interested. This is like teaser... 😄

·
Registered
32 Posts
I meant to ask, what is the offset on your rims, do you have spacers, or are you putting a 245 front/315rear on the stock rims?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I meant to ask, what is the offset on your rims, do you have spacers, or are you putting a 245 front/315rear on the stock rims?
No spacers. 265 in front and 325 in rear. Toyos run a little narrower. I can get the offsets for you. I have 2 different sets of wheels. The one's pictured are Vossen used for track. Street are Forgelines.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the way they filled wheel well. It has an aggressive look. Have you had any problems with rubbing? I tried the Toyos 888. I didn't care for them. I know a lot of our Lambo guys run them. I used to run RE11, and really liked how they handled on the track and they were decent on the road and in the rain. The S007 it's supposed to be the replacement tire, but it just doesn't do the job. Unfortunately, they do not make the RE-71R in the sizes I run. Maybe the Toyos feel different with the larger size. Please post your rim info. The look is fantastic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No spacers. 265 in front and 325 in rear. Toyos run a little narrower. I can get the offsets for you. I have 2 different sets of wheels. The one's pictured are Vossen used for track. Street are Forgelines.
Nice build! Would love to know the wheel fitment specs as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts