Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question to the forum,

I know that this 420 HP with 317 lb-ft is fed through a 6 speed manual transmission (for me anyways) BUT because they need to over engineer the transmissions to there's no problem does anyone know what the maximum rating on this transmission is? I'm very curious and would be very appreciative if someone could share some light on this subject.

Thank you for your time and efforts regarding this matter.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Not a clue on R8 !

But, you are correct. They do tend to greatly over engineer.

The original RS4 was 380 BHP. Mine is MTM chipped to 420. Five years later, its still going strong with the original transmission. MTM also do a 458 chip, with no changes to the transmission.

Abt were provisionally advertising a 530 BHP modification for the R8 !

http://www.abt-sportsline.de/R8.781.0.html?&L=1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't this the same transmission as the 500+HP Gallardo?
Yes, this is the same transmission as the Gallardo. Do you think that this transmission's car could handle a 500 HP engine with 470 lb-ft of torque? This is is the question I would like to know.

I believe that this is one of the best handling cars in the world. Evo 2 mile track times put it in the top 10 All time cars. However, the acceleration and the top speed are nowhere near the best cars in the world. Just imagine putting an engine that would have 500 Stallions along with roughly 500 lb-ft of torque. That would be arguably one of the best packages in the world. IMHO:)

Anyways ... anyone know what the transmission's maximum is rated for? Roughly?

Thanks you for your efforts gentlemen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts