Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone else has noticed but the r8 v10 6mt values are currently through the roof

in the cdn market 2010 v10's which were selling for between 105-110k cdn last year are now listed at 125kish AND THEY seem to be selling.

it makes me really wonder about my decision to pass on a few cars within the last 1.5 years, that decision could cost me dearly

·
Registered
310 Posts
I wouldn’t be too concerned. Probably just temporary. Is it a v8-10-plus? Dealers/sellers will always list much higher if someone is willing to pay. Bottom line for 125k... you could purchase a new or newer car for that price.... I’ve seen 2017-18 r8’s in that range ...overall it is still a car...and in this case 2010??? 11 year old car with 11 year old wear. I would and will still hold out for a reasonable year and price Bf buying. Now that being said what I do understand is that the manual will always fetch more then the auto and obviously v10 and v10 plus cost will increase too but overall I think that price is ridiculous for an 11 year old car just my opinion though.

Sorry saw later this is a v10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
it is because of being a manual. Never will be available again. I have a manual v8 and def will hold and increase in value more then an automatic. Look at Ferrari. people want what was limited production

·
Registered
V10 6MT,APR Aero,Unitronic Stage 2,IPE Titanium Exhaust,Eurowise CAI, XPEL PPF
61 Posts
I've been noticing also they are going for 130k to 140k for the V10 manual depending on mileage at the dealers.

Reactions: hoowin

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I do not think they will reduce in price much, if anything they will crest around 130-140, maybe even 150+ for very fine, low mileage/rare spec examples.

·
Registered
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
327 Posts
I wouldn’t be too concerned. Probably just temporary. Is it a v8-10-plus? Dealers/sellers will always list much higher if someone is willing to pay. Bottom line for 125k... you could purchase a new or newer car for that price.... I’ve seen 2017-18 r8’s in that range ...overall it is still a car...and in this case 2010??? 11 year old car with 11 year old wear. I would and will still hold out for a reasonable year and price Bf buying. Now that being said what I do understand is that the manual will always fetch more then the auto and obviously v10 and v10 plus cost will increase too but overall I think that price is ridiculous for an 11 year old car just my opinion though.

Sorry saw later this is a v10.

wait he's talking Canadian dollars right?/ if so that's like $85-$86k US

·
Registered
57 Posts
It will be interesting if we see them jump again when spring driving weather comes around.

·
Registered
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
327 Posts
yea i think canadian dollar is .80 cents to 1 USD lol. I was looking at that price too and was like "wait a minute." lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not sure if anyone else has noticed but the r8 v10 6mt values are currently through the roof

in the cdn market 2010 v10's which were selling for between 105-110k cdn last year are now listed at 125kish AND THEY seem to be selling.

it makes me really wonder about my decision to pass on a few cars within the last 1.5 years, that decision could cost me dearly
All luxury items are skyrocketing. Look at the price of Rolex's, etc.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would look from other end: USD have depreciated heavily in 2020 compared to other major currencies.

·
Registered
V10 6MT,APR Aero,Unitronic Stage 2,IPE Titanium Exhaust,Eurowise CAI, XPEL PPF
61 Posts
Yes, sorry Canadian dollars 140k Canadian is 110k US. So it's up to you the seller to keep the value up maybe in two years you may see 100k.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive been seeing the same trend in the V8 cars. Especially the 2011+ with less than 25k miles. Clean examples going for 80-95 whereas they were 75-85 last year. I missed my window on the low mileage V10 manuals, but bought in on a v8 manual. Not looking to flip for profit, just wanted to buy at the bottom of depreciation.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive been seeing the same trend in the V8 cars. Especially the 2011+ with less than 25k miles. Clean examples going for 80-95 whereas they were 75-85 last year. I missed my window on the low mileage V10 manuals, but bought in on a v8 manual. Not looking to flip for profit, just wanted to buy at the bottom of depreciation.
I don't find the v8's are as crazy but it does seem they are starting to creep up....

facelifted cars are still selling for around 100-110k CDN with low mileage....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't find the v8's are as crazy but it does seem they are starting to creep up....

facelifted cars are still selling for around 100-110k CDN with low mileage....
Just because I was in teh Market and purchased a 2011 6 speed spyder v8 definately see a price difference. Mine has 13k miles and i paid just about 80k for it. could of bought a lot of r tronic v10s for that money and a few stronics. but long run I have no doubt will see manuals increase in price.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Simple Supply & Demand. This is not breaking news and there's many threads re: this topic. We all see the trend moving forward into the future: electrification and hybrid cars will dominate most all automakers model lines. Manual, high-cylinder sports cars are all but extinct. Buy your future classic now or they will soon be priced out of your affordability range. This is not a temporary spike. Unless its a salvage or rebuilt title, or super high mileage, or in piss poor condition, don't expect gated manual V10's values to decline anymore.

Reactions: chin.up

·
Registered
90 Posts
Truth. Only investment here is in your own happiness.
Facts. I never look at a car purchase as an investment. Buy it because you want to drive it and enjoy the heck out of it. Life is too short to be sitting and staring at something that's more than a conversational piece or a trophy. Think of it as a bonus that your car value is appreciating. If you're just out to flip it for a profit-- I really don't respect those folks. But to each their own.

Reactions: FRlSKY
1 - 20 of 36 Posts