Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Pricing is as expected. Looking forward to getting my hands on one. Are you going to call your dealer Vincent?!!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Pricing is as expected. Looking forward to getting my hands on one. Are you going to call your dealer Vincent?!!
I am already on the list but I don't think I'd want the first year model. The V8 has been nothing but joy so far. :cool:

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I agree. I've had my R8 for about 40 days and 3000 miles and I'm not ready to disregard the V8. Very nicely balanced car for my use as a daily driver. I'm on the list for a V10 but will likely wait a bit. Somewhat ominous posting from Audi USA on another board about the V10 being "evaluated" still for US release. I've heard this from a couple of sources. I guess time and the economy will tell.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am already on the list but I don't think I'd want the first year model. The V8 has been nothing but joy so far. :cool:
Excellent point!!! I puprosely skipped the first year M6 for that very reason. I also hated the first two year's Egear on the Gallardo!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
I agree. I've had my R8 for about 40 days and 3000 miles and I'm not ready to disregard the V8. Very nicely balanced car for my use as a daily driver. I'm on the list for a V10 but will likely wait a bit. Somewhat ominous posting from Audi USA on another board about the V10 being "evaluated" still for US release. I've heard this from a couple of sources. I guess time and the economy will tell.
Well, it's not a concept and they wouldn't debut it at the Detroit auto show, if it wasn't coming to the US.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Well, it's not a concept and they wouldn't debut it at the Detroit auto show, if it wasn't coming to the US.
Thats a good point. Why would they wait a year for US release or even give the impression that the issue of US release is uncertain? Maybe to shore up the V8 sales in the interim?

·
Registered
80 Posts
What is the base price of the R8 (V8) in Euros? That would give us ratio for the conversion price in US dollars for the US.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Live rates at 2008.12.08 21:48:12 UTC
128,000.00 USD

=

98,856.27 EUR
United States Dollars Euro
1 USD = 0.772315 EUR 1 EUR = 1.29481 USD

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I used $128,000US for the R-Tronic version. I paid $153K for my R8. If the options are priced similar the R8 V10 would go out the door for ~$215K.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I used $128,000US for the R-Tronic version. I paid $153K for my R8. If the options are priced similar the R8 V10 would go out the door for ~$215K.
$153K? Did you spec ceramic brakes and all the CF options?

Mine, loaded, minus brakes and CF was $124K I think.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Recently saw a new '09 R-tronic at the dealer, fully loaded (B&O, Nav, Enh, CF/CF/CF, Polished, Alcantara, whatever :) ). MSRP was something over USD$148K. No Carbon-Ceramic brakes, LED lights, or Recaro seats (this is USA, where those items aren't available :( ) and no Audi exclusive items either, so it should be quite easy to get up there if you order anything special.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts