Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister lives in San Francisco and just sent me a picture of this v10 manual that she always passes by in her parking garage and she told me it never moves. Just ended up talking to security to see if I can contact the owner and pretty much he said good luck as he hasn't seen the owner in a year and his assistant starts it up every few months. He also said it’s a 2015 with a few thousand miles but im not sure if that’s accurate. Here are some pics my sister sent me.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Grille Hood

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
Well, it's very possible that it's a 2015 - the taillights and exhaust are consistent with a facelift car (14 or 15). Moreover, the exhaust outlets are black (versus silver). Black exhaust tips were used for the 2015-only sport exhaust option. However, there was also a "black optics package" that could have spec'd them on 2014.

Reactions: Mile_High_R8

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
BTW - if it IS a 2015 V10 manual spyder, it's 1 of only 14 sold in the US... of which 2 were white.

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
Reactions: jessejames

·
Administrator
6,396 Posts
Also looks like it must get washed occasionally? A car sitting in a parking garage that long would be pretty dusty.

Reactions: ezmaass

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
if you're interested in it, write your contact info on a piece of paper and put it under the wiper. i did that once on an e36 m3 parked as a gas station i was driving by once and ended up owning it later that week!
Agreed on this strategy!

I've definitely witnessed a fair number of "private deals" in other communities - which seem to become more the norm as supplies are small. Sometimes it just makes more sense to approach someone with an unsolicited offer than hope to find what you're looking for on the open market.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I remember when I lived in Mexico City in a mid rise and there were several Ferraris and lambos in the parking garage collecting dust. Always made me sad to see but I assumed those were cartel cars as the apartment building was not that nice. I do agree it’s sad to see nice cars which rarely get driven or admired just sit around. Seeing the joy and passion some owners have for their cars makes me believe some people deserve them more that others.

also, good luck to everyone this thanksgiving. I had breakfast with a gay friend of mine this morning and his brother got drunk and called my friends husband like a stray dog who stuck around for the free food. That’s some pretty harsh family drama.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I remember when I lived in Mexico City in a mid rise and there were several Ferraris and lambos in the parking garage collecting dust. Always made me sad to see but I assumed those were cartel cars as the apartment building was not that nice. I do agree it’s sad to see nice cars which rarely get driven or admired just sit around. Seeing the joy and passion some owners have for their cars makes me believe some people deserve them more that others.

also, good luck to everyone this thanksgiving. I had breakfast with a gay friend of mine this morning and his brother got drunk and called my friends husband like a stray dog who stuck around for the free food. That’s some pretty harsh family drama.
Honestly, would you want to drive a Ferrari around Mexico City?

Hate to say it, but wealth in many places can’t be enjoyed properly. Here in the US I am perfectly comfortable driving my R8 around most places. But in a good chunk of the world, I’d probably leaving it connected to a charger in a highly secure garage most of the time as well.

Driving my sports/supercars is what gives me pleasure. If I can’t do that, then screw it. It is my opinion that a lot of people who buy these cars but never drive them don’t really have much interest in these types of cars in general, it’s just a bragging right

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Well, if you live in a dangerous country and make enough money to drive a Ferrari then you are probably rolling heavy with security and people know that messing with you equates to having real problems with other dangerous people. That's how it works in most of the world. Living with bodyguards, some of whom need to be rough and dangerous, is not a fun way to live. I've been there and done that and never want to do that again.

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Well, if you live in a dangerous country and make enough money to drive a Ferrari then you are probably rolling heavy with security and people know that messing with you equates to having real problems with other dangerous people. That's how it works in most of the world. Living with bodyguards, some of whom need to be rough and dangerous, is not a fun way to live. I've been there and done that and never want to do that again.
When my R8 was delivered in Fortaleza Brasil, the delivery driver asked my wife if I was a Baron or a drug dealer, her reply stopped him dead, she said touch it when you see it on the street and you´ll find out!

·
Premium Member
6,009 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts