Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your call on choosing between the R8 V10 and the Gallardo. I already have the R8, I am thinking about the Gallardo to change so I don't have 2 R8s in my garage. What's your call?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I say you fly me to Italy and Germany, arrange a test drive for both, and let me report back with a recommendation. Seriously though, I would not see the point of having 2 R8's.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I say you fly me to Italy and Germany, arrange a test drive for both, and let me report back with a recommendation. Seriously though, I would not see the point of having 2 R8's.
LOL :) ... that could work ... that ferrari california is also part of the decision making so while in italy, you could test drive it as well ...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sell everything and get a Zonda.
Once my house is built with a race track in the backyard. I promise to think about the Zonda

*the track in the backyard is a silly joke :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
I am using a borrowed Gallardo at present, and drove the V10 last week.

Personal opinion, the Gallardo is a "weekend" car. Small boot and not good in traffic. Interior and switch gear seems to have come out of an old Audi A8.

I don't see what you can do in a Gallardo that you can't do in a V10. Perhaps just a bit more road feel and a fraction faster on the track.

So: Don't bother buying a second car, just replace V8 with V10, and you will have an all round, everyday car that will also do 95% of what the Gallardo will do, but without the Gallardo's cramped interior and pint sized boot/trunk.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for your feedback.

I actually went to a new exotic (Ferrari, Lambo, Aston, Maserati) dealership today. I agree with you R8 England, the gallardo is more of a weekend car. I would even say it's a track car almost.

I think I will stick to the R8 V8 for the moment, I am not a big fan of the new side blades on the R8 V10. Being a maniac of design, it doesn't work for me.

I also had the chance to sit and pay close attention to the new Ferrari California: what a deception; the car looks like a Toyota Celica. Very small. Interior's marvelous though.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
You are right Hovy,The V 10 sideblades are more angular than any other curves of the car.Maybe a rounder looking design on the blade scoop,Or cave the door in more behind the blade leaving the blade as is.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I am not a big fan of the new side blades on the R8 V10.
HovyR8,
If you get a R8 V10, I'm positive that you can swap out with someone on the side blades very easily. ( Me included)

If you are going to make a back yard track, I would get a fun 'go kart' type car for it like a Lotus Exige, or a Radical, and then make the track very very technical and turny. You will outgrow any straightway speed places on your track, very, very fast. Bon Chance!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
HovyR8,
If you get a R8 V10, I'm positive that you can swap out with someone on the side blades very easily. ( Me included)

If you are going to make a back yard track, I would get a fun 'go kart' type car for it like a Lotus Exige, or a Radical, and then make the track very very technical and turny. You will outgrow any straightway speed places on your track, very, very fast. Bon Chance!
Bodhii,

I am sure side blades could be swapped. I'll consider a V10 later on as my current R8 is still brand new. I still have a lot to explore with the R8 V8.

The backyard track was a joke :) I am not really a track person although we have a "old" F1 track here in Montreal (rights were sold to Abu Dhabi in the UAE) and an old abandoned airport where my house is being built (Lebanon)

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
The backyard track was a joke
LOL!.. Hey man, some guys actually do have their own backyard tracks. In the world of supercars, there are many bigger possibilities than we usually come across. And there are also several race track communities where people build their home around a communal road course. All fun stuff!

http://www.motorsportranch.com/

Someone's personal track

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh I know some people do have personal tracks, I meant in my case I was joking about having one not that having a track is a joke. ;)

Still fantastic to have one but as I said, I am not a track guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts