Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just spoken to my dealer today who said he attended a meeting yesterday where it was confirmed to him that the V10 will have a basic price of £100700..ouch!! in the UK. But he could not confirm what you would get for that money. I expressed my disgust at the low spec of the R8 V8 and he agreed it was not what it should be and apparently dealers are asking for a much better standard spec on the new V10.

It was also mentioned that the release date would be April next year but he could not confirm that was when the first cars would be delivered or if it was when the official order list would start up. We should have an update soon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Spoke to the German advanced Audi Experience instructors and they said the R8 V8 was dynamically a better car than the V10 - maybe you should save your money and spend £65k on a 10,000 mile V8?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
the standard spec could make all the difference given it's not exactly difficult to get into the £100k territory with the v8 plus options.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
they said the R8 V8 was dynamically a better car than the V10 - maybe you should save your money and spend £65k on a 10,000 mile V8?
This hasn't changed much since the 1965 GT-350/500 Shelbys. The 350s can run circles around big block cars. Depends what you want to do with it.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Spoke to the German advanced Audi Experience instructors and they said the R8 V8 was dynamically a better car than the V10
had they actually driven the v10's or was it "received wisdom" like r-tronic clutches only lasting 5k?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Weight is everthing - you could put a V8 in a Elise - goes very quick until you get to a curve!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Having watched a guy blat a R8 round Brands this week, it looked absolutely fine to me and sounded great.

But having said that, a V10 will have a lot more push than the under performing V8(with regard to engine BHP) .. BTW we think we have found out why the V8 won't produce 414bhp ... the air intake manifold is rough inside ...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Horses for courses - it's all subjective at the end of the day. I have a deposit down on the V10, but I think the V8 is more than quick enough for the road. A lighter car will always be more fun to drive in my book (I'm a Lotus mean and race in http://www.elisetrophy.com/LoTRDC).

>£100k ticket price for the V10 should help prop up residuals on the V8... not that the market is going to be particularly great for a few years!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts