Votes: 1 5.0%
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
How you getting on sir?
Hey Ricky,

Well, lot's of stuff (life stuff) has come up, so been handling that stuff :) In the downtime I did manage to mock up the intercoolers, so I know what I'm going for there. But here's the thing, I drove my wife's Kia Stinger GT2 the other day - its a very fast little car that we've worked on (I normally never would, just doesn't appeal to me) but nonetheless, I did and I really did not like the turbo lag and they are very small turbos... so it's got me thinking before I fully build this turbo out... maybe I should look at the centrifugal supercharger set up. I am definitely not doing a "bolt on" top of the beautiful Audi Air Intake. I don't care how reliable and tested they are. I just really don't like the look.

I really like that idea that TTS has: Audi R8 4.2 V8 supercharger conversion | TTS Performance . I may just buy his framework since I already have the intercoolers set in my mind. Then there is the positioning so as not to have to modify the engine bay side covers... So I may have to make my own framework. Either way, unless I can drive someone's turbo'ed R8 V8 and truly see no lag, I just don't want to go that route. I LOVE the snappy response of the stock engine and want to keep that.

Plus I'm seriously considering the air cooled turbo unit for less hassle (B-Rogue - B-Rogue) is using them for their turbo builds. Comp Turbo | Air Coooled - But need to do more research on them before moving on it.

So in all, it's been very slow. I appreciate the check up, keeps me motivated to move forward.

Reactions: DaveL

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Turbos, forget all show and no go
I'm confused? Are turbo's all go or no show or both or is it the R8 V8 is all go, no show or both? Not a lot of context to decipher the encryption :cool:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Lmao, skip the wide body and go for the twin turbo.
I think you will be happier with performance plus the r8 looks pretty good as is.
I'm going to do all of the above, I was just trying to decide what to do first... So forced induction is already been decided...now i just am hitting a road bump on twin turbo or twin centrifugal superchargers..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts