Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
218 Posts
I seriously will consider buying another gen 1 R8 with a few thousand miles on it from one of you guys. Or perhaps the 488 if I can deal with the headache of putting 50k miles on it in 3 years of driving.

I'm always impressed by how well this group takes care of their cars. I think you guys would be / are thoroughly dismayed by my life choices. I mean, I just don't have it in me to be so detail oriented.
If money is no object then never sell it. I don't see the point in racking up 100k and then selling it. You wont get that much for it with that mileage. I'm never selling mine. Just keep it forever and buy something else. This car has a lot of memories for you including getting sprayed with faeces/chocolate milkshake.

I DD'd my C63, M6GC and M2C - I'd daily the R8 if I could replace it but can't.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Perhaps you are right about keeping the R8 past 100k miles. Ive just never really owned nice cars with more than 30k miles on them. My assumption is just that they break all the time, but perhaps I'm wrong. The interior still looks great and the exterior apparently can really be refreshed with this clay bar thing and I don't have any dings or dents or anything.

Also, in terms of not getting mad I really do think we can all make that decision. Its really hard to get mad if you are sleeping, eating healthy, exercising, making money and getting action from your woman. Eat, sleep, work and sex are pretty much all I think about. Some would add religion or spirituality to that, but I don't really get down with that so much. However, I do always say if I was born a few hundred years ago I would have gone into the business of religion as those dudes used to get paid.

I really think happiness just boils down to taking care of the fundamentals and being conscientious with what we allow to effect us.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Did I ever tell you about the time I met a French/Moroccan woman at a hookah bar in Casablanca and ended up traveling for months on end with her? She was truly one of those women who was so beautiful that I didn't want to date her long term because she was such a target for men.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'll tell you about it next time I'm in NYC. I have a success rate of about .1%, but I'm totally shameless. Other than married women, I just go for the gold 24x7 and fall on my face most times. But hey, sales is about volume and close rate and there is only so much I can do about the close rate, so I focus on volume. It works.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Judd you are lucky that you are calm.
The world are bunch of lazy,unproductive ,ignorant jealous people that think they can do whatever they want to other peoples property.
I’m sick and tired of the ignorance ....and that’s why our world is Fcuked..up.
No Dam respect.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I get a kick out of watching the stupid ones. I hire a lot of them for horrible horrible jobs and it's constant entertainment. The true lack of ability to connect rational thoughts is amazing to watch in real time. Many of them can connect A to B but beyond that it's not possible. A plus B leads to C is truly beyond the capability of many people. And the lack of understanding about personal finance is astounding. Lots of these guys cash their checks at a Currency Exchange and can't understand the fees. They just want "Cash Money Mr. Boss Man". And a double quarter pounder goes a long way also along with like 7 singles. Many will take a double quarter pounder and 7 singles over another 100 dollars on their check at the end of the week. I had this exact situation a few weeks ago. Had 33 people working on the worst job ever and offered the group an extra 100 per man or a double and 7 cash and 30 of them took the food and cash. I made like 2,500 on that deal. And what always amazes me is if I tell a guy I'll give him 100 today and then 500 tomorrow they always take the 100 and don't show up again until they are broke and then complain about working. The labor market is hilarious right now. I honestly can't believe unemployment is so low. It should be at least 25%.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
*but I also have a great group of smart managers so am not saying everyone is like that. I'm talking about the lowest level people.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
*but I also have a great group of smart managers so am not saying everyone is like that. I'm talking about the lowest level people.
Judd you run a employment agency?
Judd it’s sad ....but remember one thing u and i and many here are successful....most or i should say 90%
of the population in the USA excluding illegals are so brain washed by the politicians and laws the politicians create to keep the brain washed divided and stupid by telling them let’s tax the rich
and we will solve all the issues and look at where we are so far ....i am amazed the stupid haven’t figured that they should go after the politicians and throw them all in jail....but i guess all the drugs and alcohol
the leaders allow the stupid to consume keeps all the stupid people addicted and can’t control their lives
helps them to keep on doing what they are doing to the masses.
People need to wake up.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
This thread has gone all over the place, but the weed comment is interesting. I mean, I've smoked my fair share in my 20s but realized it left me less sharp so stopped completely. I want every single edge I can get to compete and win and it just slowed me down a quarter step. Thats just me and I know others who say it helps them in life. I have nothing against it except perhaps I don't like that everyone is driving stoned these days and I don't like to smell it 10 times a day in every major city I visit.

And I think the benefits probably outweigh the drawbacks but it's pretty insane that a relatively larger percentage of our population is just stoned all day now. I see it in the parking lots of the factories we work in. These people have in some cases really horrible jobs (in others a good steady job) but at the bad ones they take their two 15 minute breaks and 30 minutes for lunch to smoke blunts and drink 99 cent fireball shots. I wouldn't want to live with someone dictating a single thing to me muchless how often I could get high if that's what I want to do.

And my company is kind of like an employment agency. We hire 3 or 4 employment agencies wherever we work and assume a 30% to 75% no show rate per day. It really does amaze me that the majority of my workers are hell bent on complaining while not willing to put in an honest days work.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
So, I went to a fancy suburban mall today to buy stuff and had a nice lunch. Came back to my car to see someone had thrown an entire shake all over the back of my car. I didn't give it a test lick, but chocolate appears to be the culprit.

Luckily for me, I have a detail scheduled for tomorrow morning as I've decided to give my car a 60,000 mile aesthetic tune up. Perhaps a clay bar and interior rework and conditioning if I can find the right place.

This is the second time my car has been messed with. Once in Encentias, CA where someone put gum on my passenger side window and once today. I took it immediately today to hose and wash off the probably chocolate milkshake and felt lucky it was not keyed.

Funny thing is my car spends a lot of time in bad areas and all I get is compliments and respect. Then the 2 times I've had issues it was in wealthy areas. This same mall has had a few mass looting and a shooting last month though so I guess "nice area" has all become irrelevant in the big cities. I'm moving to Mexico. At least the cartel will kill you before bothering to deface your car.

Also, one other weird feature. I was washing the fin with my hand gently and it opened. I think there is a touch button return on it or something like on my Porsche SUV where you tap and the trunk opens. Why else would it open from the hose and rubbing? Does everything that gets rubbed just pop up?

View attachment 276309
Is your car a V8 or a V10? The photo seems to show a V10 exhaust outlet but V8 horizontal fins?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
So, I went to a fancy suburban mall today to buy stuff and had a nice lunch. Came back to my car to see someone had thrown an entire shake all over the back of my car. I didn't give it a test lick, but chocolate appears to be the culprit.

Luckily for me, I have a detail scheduled for tomorrow morning as I've decided to give my car a 60,000 mile aesthetic tune up. Perhaps a clay bar and interior rework and conditioning if I can find the right place.

This is the second time my car has been messed with. Once in Encentias, CA where someone put gum on my passenger side window and once today. I took it immediately today to hose and wash off the probably chocolate milkshake and felt lucky it was not keyed.

Funny thing is my car spends a lot of time in bad areas and all I get is compliments and respect. Then the 2 times I've had issues it was in wealthy areas. This same mall has had a few mass looting and a shooting last month though so I guess "nice area" has all become irrelevant in the big cities. I'm moving to Mexico. At least the cartel will kill you before bothering to deface your car.

Also, one other weird feature. I was washing the fin with my hand gently and it opened. I think there is a touch button return on it or something like on my Porsche SUV where you tap and the trunk opens. Why else would it open from the hose and rubbing? Does everything that gets rubbed just pop up?

View attachment 276309
The title of your post suggests that your car was vandalized. Have I missed something?

21 - 40 of 83 Posts