Audi R8 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
I seriously will consider buying another gen 1 R8 with a few thousand miles on it from one of you guys. Or perhaps the 488 if I can deal with the headache of putting 50k miles on it in 3 years of driving.

I'm always impressed by how well this group takes care of their cars. I think you guys would be / are thoroughly dismayed by my life choices. I mean, I just don't have it in me to be so detail oriented.
I should sell you an option to buy mine in 2 years with under 20k miles. (Option - $50k); (Sales Price - $140 based on current projections). :) It also carries a full 10 year / 100k miles Fidelity Warranty with a little under 9 years left. I'll throw in any T-shirt you want from my site (blacktopmods.com) ha ha ah haha

It's a replica of yours with full ceramic coat on paint, whole body PPF, Sigma Carbon Fiber(Factory) side blades (not installed), V10 side blades installed, Bovee1000 Bluetooth adapter (Bluetooth any tunes from any phone or device), ADHD maintenance of care and all work done by @MattsAutosport (Audi Mechanic, R8 certified, and former partner of Speed One Motor Sports, Thermal Race Club and currently Lamborghini of Newport Beach). Garaged 100% of the time it's not out driving. Wiped down and dry washed each time it goes into the garage.

If you play your cards right, it will be twin turbo'd by then.

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
I should sell you an option to buy mine in 2 years with under 20k miles. (Option - $50k); (Sales Price - $140 based on current projections). :) It also carries a full 10 year / 100k miles Fidelity Warranty with a little under 9 years left. I'll throw in any T-shirt you want from my site (blacktopmods.com) ha ha ah haha

It's a replica of yours with full ceramic coat on paint, whole body PPF, Sigma Carbon Fiber(Factory) side blades (not installed), V10 side blades installed, Bovee1000 Bluetooth adapter (Bluetooth any tunes from any phone or device), ADHD maintenance of care and all work done by @MattsAutosport (Audi Mechanic, R8 certified, and former partner of Speed One Motor Sports, Thermal Race Club and currently Lamborghini of Newport Beach). Garaged 100% of the time it's not out driving. Wiped down and dry washed each time it goes into the garage.

If you play your cards right, it will be twin turbo'd by then.
Interesting idea. I can't recall the name, but I remember seeing a company that was trying to essentially crowd source investments into classic cars. Next logical step would be derivatives! I suppose you could write a covered call (leap) for Judd. :)

• Haha
Reactions: ExpertRanch

·
Registered
686 Posts
On a related topic; huge victory in the United States today on behalf of the Supreme Court.

"May Issue" concealed carry states are UNCONSTITUTIONAL. For those unaware, "May Issue" really means 'Your reason isn't good enough and we're going to reject your request for a carry license unless you're a politician, have corrupt ties with politicians, or retired law enforcement.'

The constitution protects an individual's right to carry a firearm.

·
Registered
937 Posts
On a related topic; huge victory in the United States today on behalf of the Supreme Court.

"May Issue" concealed carry states are UNCONSTITUTIONAL. For those unaware, "May Issue" really means 'Your reason isn't good enough and we're going to reject your request for a carry license unless you're a politician, have corrupt ties with politicians, or retired law enforcement.'

The constitution protects an individual's right to carry a firearm.
That is awesome news. The problem is that California flat out disregards the supreme court. I hope it is challenged, but do not feel confident.

·
Registered
686 Posts
That is awesome news. The problem is that California flat out disregards the supreme court. I hope it is challenged, but do not feel confident.
Luckily it sets a major precedent. "May issue" states will definitely fight it but eventually lose in court. Newsom will be too busy dropping DUI charges from Nancy's hubby.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Luckily it sets a major precedent. "May issue" states will definitely fight it but eventually lose in court. Newsom will be too busy dropping DUI charges from Nancy's hubby.
California just lost against people because they removed open carry, and were denying concealed carry (essentially stripping us of our 2nd Amendment - well, law abiding citizens anyway). So they've opened it back up, but are being ULTRA picky on the whole "May Issue" issue... So I hope you're right, I'll go pick up a CC and carry everywhere.

Reactions: NYG

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
It's really hard to keep up with all the laws these days when you are traveling with firearms. There is a federal law that says you can transport through a prohibited area as long as you are only passing through and have it locked up, but practically speaking places like NYC will still arrest you and then apparently drop the charges in court. I'm not so keen on spending a few days in Rikers Island while the lawyers sort it out. The NRA (which I am not a member of) has a pamphlet saying you should print out the law and tape it to the top of your locked gun safe in your trunk but that you will still probably be arrested. And many places, like Boston if I recall correctly, don't allow hollow points so before I go to those places I'll go to a range in the neighboring state and shoot my defensive rounds and then load waddcutters. But even those are prohibited in some places.

I take the gun laws seriously, but as a traveling man, it's really hard. I'll be in Palm Beach for a meeting very soon and need to figure out if those NYC transplants enacted local rules that I don't know about.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
The car looks amazing. Getting another detail in 3 weeks and putting on new clear bra and stage 1 paint correction. Doing all 4 rims at a rim repair and restore place next week.

I don't want the ceramic coat but
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
don't know what else I can do for my 60,000 aesthetic upgrade. I may do that walnut blast thing. What do I Google to find that?

I bet I get my car detailed more than anyone on this site.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The car looks amazing. Getting another detail in 3 weeks and putting on new clear bra and stage 1 paint correction. Doing all 4 rims at a rim repair and restore place next week.

I don't want the ceramic coat but don't know what else I can do for my 60,000 aesthetic upgrade. I may do that walnut blast thing. What do I Google to find that?

I bet I get my car detailed more than anyone on this site.
Add tinted windows to my project, yours looks great!

·
Registered
2022 RWD R8, Daytona grey, red calipers, carbon interior, full leather package, red stitching
46 Posts
I am going to share what happened to me about ten days ago....
I was with my wife, pulling out of the parking lot after picking up some wine. This punk threw a can of soda at our car across the street. It landed short and only the splash got to the side of the car.
As you can see on the video. I caught the kid; my wife called the cops and he was handcuffed and sat in the back seat of the trooper.....bad decision this kid made and he messed with the wrong immigrant.....😁😁😁
Had he hit the car or had I felt threatened by this punk, the outcome could've been much different.......I had my P320 compact with me......
I hope he learned a life lesson that day.....
Enjoy the video, it is the short version of it.

Video details - YouTube Studio

41 - 60 of 83 Posts