1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
564 Posts
nice one.. they even say it goes in 4.1.. NTV motor said 4.2sec to 100km/h...
well it will certainly be fast enough

thanks for the post

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks for the post. Question is with the v8 in the R8 being so capable, is there really a need for a v10 for urban street/highway driving?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thanks for the post. Question is with the v8 in the R8 being so capable, is there really a need for a v10 for urban street/highway driving?
IMHO no, I'll do the 0-62 a lot more than the 0-100. And if the 0-62 will be reached in 4.2sec I'm very happy :) In 4.6 I'll be just happy ;)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Strange choice, pitting the R8 against the standard 911 rather than the 'S' version and without the suspension management v magnetic ride? Difference in power and price is huge.

Good to hear that they preferd the R8 tho'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It sounds superficial but the R8 has a huge "cool factor" edge over the 997. I've owned a 997S and I have a 997TT now. I also have an RS 4. I've sat in the R8 but never driven it. The 997TT and RS 4 can step aside. I want the R8. -Pete

·
Registered
340 Posts
It sounds superficial but the R8 has a huge "cool factor" edge over the 997. I've owned a 997S and I have a 997TT now. I also have an RS 4. I've sat in the R8 but never driven it. The 997TT and RS 4 can step aside. I want the R8. -Pete
Agree. I was going to buy a 997TT (was the only 24/7 sportscar) despite the fact that I was not satisfied with engine sound and turbo lag (in tiptronic form). Then the R8 shows up and I am a gonner. The R8 to me is a German Ferrari. Style, power, mid-engine, exotic looks, AWD, great engine sound, plus German reliability. It has all the right things to seduce you. Something between a wife and a mistress. I think it looks a little better than a F430 especially the front. In V10 format, it will run with the Ferrari for sure. Its "cool factor" exceeds that of the 997TT and is on par with the Italian. Lastly, its flowing cockpit must have been designed by an interior designer making 997TT and F430's interior look dry and stiff.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Agree. I was going to buy a 997TT (was the only 24/7 sportscar) despite the fact that I was not satisfied with engine sound and turbo lag (in tiptronic form). Then the R8 shows up and I am a gonner. The R8 to me is a German Ferrari. Style, power, mid-engine, exotic looks, AWD, great engine sound, plus German reliability. It has all the right things to seduce you. Something between a wife and a mistress. I think it looks a little better than a F430 especially the front. In V10 format, it will run with the Ferrari for sure. Its "cool factor" exceeds that of the 997TT and is on par with the Italian. Lastly, its flowing cockpit must have been designed by an interior designer making 997TT and F430's interior look dry and stiff.
Well summed up, I could not agree more :) :) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts