Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Nice find Kreso ... yes, I really do hope the bucket seats are available before my car enters the build process!

Nice to see an R8 with the parking sensors on ... so we can really see what they look like ... in reality, I suspect you'll hardly notice them ... especially on darker coloured paintwork.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bucket seats may be available for first production cars but, ONLY in black color...

Ceramic brakes and Pirelli Corsa tires-sorry to say but, NOT for first production cars. More info on this subject next week...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Interesting photos !

Definitely prefer the round smooth edges on the R8.

Not keep on the hard square edges of the Gallardo or the flat square front.

Quite a difference in height too ! Certainly sitting in the show car R8 gave me the impression of comfort and space.

Personally, I think the R8 has more style. Hopefully, though, performance and handling will match or exceed that of the Italian job.

Is that what its about ? Style and exclusivity as well as performance & handling........

·
Registered
367 Posts
Great pictures! The Gallardo is definitely more "exotic" looking, if both were the same price I'd have a hard time deciding...well maybe not.
Anyone else feel there might be just a little to much new TT in the look of the R8?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Anyone else feel there might be just a little to much new TT in the look of the R8?
Or is that a little too much R8 in the look of the new TT ... don't forget the exterior design and lines of the R8 has hardly changed at all from the Le Mans Concept as first shown in 2003 ... personally I think the new TT has morphed more towards and taken design cues from the R8 ... rather than the R8 taking them from the new TT.

But either way there are similarities in lines between the two models ... however, as both are sports cars from Audi, it's not surprising that there will be similarities between them ... it's not uncommon to find similar occurances from other marques ... take Aston Martin for example, mind you all of them are rather striking!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts