Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Have you ran them before? I had them on my GTR. Great tire for traction but they do not last long. Little sketchy in the wet also....

·
Registered
184 Posts
Lmao... Then they will get you awesome traction... On my GTR I ran 285/35/20 fronts and 315/30/20 rears on Advan GT 20“ rims. I don’t know if those sizes will work for an R8 or not. The GTR AWD system was really iffy with tire sizes...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am just worried with rubbing in rear rn I have 325-25-20 in rear and no rubbing

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
You may want to rethink R888R's as a road tyre. I use them on my track car and they give great traction but at the price of being very noisy, useless in heavy rain and the wear rate is extremely high. Have you considered Trofeo R's or even Pilot Sport Cup 2's?

·
Registered
346 Posts
You may want to rethink R888R's as a road tyre. I use them on my track car and they give great traction but at the price of being very noisy, useless in heavy rain and the wear rate is extremely high. Have you considered Trofeo R's or even Pilot Sport Cup 2's?
R888R have superior straight line traction compering to Trofeo R or CUP2 . the other big plus of R888R compering to other 2 is the R888R work even when it's cold outside . TR or Cup2 tires suck when it's cold outside . I was doing WOT 1/4 mile pulls on R888R when it was 23*F [-5C]

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
R888R have superior straight line traction compering to Trofeo R or CUP2 . the other big plus of R888R compering to other 2 is the R888R work even when it's cold outside . TR or Cup2 tires suck when it's cold outside . I was doing WOT 1/4 mile pulls on R888R when it was 23*F [-5C]
You have obviously used R888R's before. My cautionary advice was given in case you had not used them previously.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
It's more a case of standing water than rain alone that they fall down with. Not surprising really given the minimal amount of tread. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What’s the tallest profile people ran on the r8?

seems I would need to run a 315/30/20 which might be too tall for the r8

1 - 11 of 11 Posts